Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did it matter if a fighter fights at home if they are not getting gift decisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol how the **** is this idiot justifying Ward clinching 100 times?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      fouls happen its part of the sport, its up to the fighters to adjust is my point
      We are not talking about fouls. We're talking about gaining unfair advantages either via intentional fouls, home cooking, biased judges, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        We are not talking about fouls. We're talking about gaining unfair advantages either via intentional fouls, home cooking, biased judges, etc.
        when did he ever need those is my point.....just seem like excuses and crybabies to me....he wins all of his fights convincingly...if you don't like him just so say and leave it at that

Comment

Real question is why are fighters like Ward and others afraid to fight outside of the US? What exactly are they afraid of? Boxing is world wide...

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            when did he ever need those is my point.....just seem like excuses and crybabies to me....he wins all of his fights convincingly...if you don't like him just so say and leave it at that
            You're wrong. It doesn't matter what happened in the past. We're talking about what could happen when you expose the opponent to the risk. He's stacking the odds in his favor.

Ward got away with 2 huge, blatant headbutts against Kessler which DEFINITELY influenced the outcome of the fight (cuts over both eyes). If they fought in Denmark, there's a good chance that Ward gets DQd for the billy goat he pulled.

I'm done with this argument. You call yourself a realpugilist but are blatantly arguing for allowing dirty fighting. There's youtube if that's the kind of crap you want to watch.

Comment

Ward fights at home and has at least one of the judges from Cali. Even when he misses, the 250 people in attendance all cheer as if he scored a KO.....that's why he fights at home.

Comment

To be higher ecelons of great you got to dare to be great which ward and Floyd never will be.
                Fighting outside your country is considered taking a risk which you get bonus points for.
                You got the crowd against you cheering every punch of your opponent even if they are not landing which can sway the judges. That puts pressure on you. You may then take more risks and leave yourself open to counters getting iced like PAC did against jmm.

You know jugres might not be on yor side so you may not fight your normal fight. Just like floyd said, after he got robbed as an amateur he promised her would never lose again. He made sure of that by not taking any risks, unfortunately its at the expense of his legacy, that's the trade off.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 01-09-2016, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X