Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dibella rejects Pirog Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice duck. This is the guy that said a couple of fights ago: "My future opponents will make me #1 P4P", then fights Barker.

Let's find someone completely unknown again, instead!

I ****ing hate Team Martinez. His trainer, his manager and that moron DiBella.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      They went to germany for the Klitschko/Haye fight so they can definitely go to russia.
      Germany has well known, long running promotion companies and established networks its not even close to the same thing as Russia.

Also why do you people keep acting like Pirog is better than Barker they are the same level of fighter
      Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 10-12-2011, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
        How you know HBO wants to go to Moscow??
        My post has nothing to do with whether or not HBO wants to go to Moscow. Pirog's offer and money is independant from HBO and is more than Martinez has ever made in his career including his fights on HBO. That said, if Martinez took the fight i can't imagine HBO not getting involved and that career high payday would be made even bigger since he would also get HBO money with it.

Pirog has offered to fight Martinez in the US with no result. Pirog has tried to get back onto HBO since the Jacobs fight with no result. The only conclusion i can come to is that both HBO, Martinez and his management are avoiding a Pirog fight.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          So what?

How much more?

A few hundred grand?

As the MW champion he should travel to Russia and defend his championship for a few hundred grand more?

I understand the sport, as a sport, and as a business... As a sport, he needs to fight Pirog. As a business it makes zero sense to travel to Russia and risk your championship for a few hundred grand more..
          The thing is Reed Pirog offered to fight Martinez in america. DiBella said "f@ck Pirog" and that there wasn't enough money. So, Team Pirog find some investors and get a way to pay Martinez more than he's ever got, thus eliminating the excuse that it's about money. Pirog is still willing in able to fight Martinez in the US, only that it would be completely funded by HBO, whereas if they fight in Russia there would be outside investors putting up the funds.

So Martinez could have it either way. He could fight Pirog on HBO in America for something around $1.5 million (that's what he got paid against Barker), or he could fight Pirog in Russia for more. His choice.

But it's clear DiBella wants neither. Why fight Pirog for $1.5+ million when he can fight Macklin or Andy Lee (who are also dibella fighters) for $1.3-$1.5 million? It's obvious what's going on here. dibella has slammed top rank for in house fighting but he's no different.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Your post would make sense if there was no Barker fight. That fight didn't make anymore business sense than a Pirog fight did. Matter of fact a Pirog fight makes more business sense than a Barker fight did.

No, Martinez is not scared. No one at this level is scared of another fighter But, Pirog is a legit option and has been. But, for some reason Martinez team have been totally dismissive of him as an opponent. They will not even negotiate with him. But, then will turn around and try to make a Geale fight? How does that make more business sense than Pirog?

My answer to that will be that he can get similar money for Geale and Barker as he would for Pirog without similar risk. That's the only conclusion I can get. And, if that's the case then a strong argument can be made that he's avoiding Pirog. Doesn't mean he's scared though.

Actually it did... considering he didn't have to travel to Moscow, for a seemingly stiffer challenge, for seemingly not much more money.

Comment

Actually it did... considering he didn't have to travel to Moscow, for a seemingly stiffer challenge, for seemingly not much more money.
              The flaw in this logic is that Pirog is quite happy to fight in America.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                The thing is Reed Pirog offered to fight Martinez in america. DiBella said "f@ck Pirog" and that there wasn't enough money. So, Team Pirog find some investors and get a way to pay Martinez more than he's ever got, thus eliminating the excuse that it's about money. Pirog is still willing in able to fight Martinez in the US, only that it would be completely funded by HBO, whereas if they fight in Russia there would be outside investors putting up the funds.

So Martinez could have it either way. He could fight Pirog on HBO in America for something around $1.5 million (that's what he got paid against Barker), or he could fight Pirog in Russia for more. His choice.

But it's clear DiBella wants neither. Why fight Pirog for $1.5+ million when he can fight Macklin or Andy Lee (who are also dibella fighters) for $1.3-$1.5 million? It's obvious what's going on here. dibella has slammed top rank for in house fighting but he's no different.
                Like I said... in a business sense, what they're doing makes perfect sense.

As a fan of the sport I don't care what they get paid, he should fight Pirog.

But on their side, they're not just fans of the sport... it's a business, and it seemingly doesn't make sense to take on a challenge like that and not get paid much more than fighting, as you said, the Andy Lee's...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  The flaw in this logic is that Pirog is quite happy to fight in America.
                  How much more would Martinez make? Than say perhaps Barker or Andy Lee?

Don't get my side twisted here, I like Martinez and all but I'm not a groupie, I want him to fight Pirog, but on the business side... I see where they're coming from, even as hypocritical as DiBella is.

Comment

How much more would Martinez make? Than say perhaps Barker or Andy Lee?

Don't get my side twisted here, I like Martinez and all but I'm not a groupie, I want him to fight Pirog, but on the business side... I see where they're coming from, even as hypocritical as DiBella is.
                    Im a Martinez groupie and I think he should fight Pirog. Of course I see where they're coming from. Doesnt make it any less of a duck if they go down that route.

Comment

Like I said... in a business sense, what they're doing makes perfect sense.

As a fan of the sport I don't care what they get paid, he should fight Pirog.

But on their side, they're not just fans of the sport... it's a business, and it seemingly doesn't make sense to take on a challenge like that and not get paid much more than fighting, as you said, the Andy Lee's...
                      ok that's fine, I mean that's exactly what it is. In my book you can check that off as duck. I just hope people are clear on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X