Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purses for the Showtime PPV: Cotto $1mil Mayorga $50k

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 1 million? Sergio Martinez is supposed to be making 1.25-1.5 mill for his HBO fight against Sergie. I would have thought Cotto was worth much more.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
      I would give mad props to Mayo for taking a fight against Cotto for only 50K and actually doing the training.
      from what I know he had made advance requests to King and now had to reap what he sowed so thus the 50k. Now he also told should he win then he gets a big payday promise from King for the next fight

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Only 1 million? Sergio Martinez is supposed to be making 1.25-1.5 mill for his HBO fight against Sergie. I would have thought Cotto was worth much more.
          I dont think Showtime's sports budget is as high as HBO's

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
            I dont think Showtime's sports budget is as high as HBO's
            Why did Cotto move to Showtime then if it wasn't for the money?

Comment

If Cotto is earning less for this fight than against Yuri Foreman, that's some bull****.

Comment

Because Bob threw a childish fit because HBO had already scheduled Sergio Martinez on this saturday and told Bob that he would have to schedule another date for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  from what I know he had made advance requests to King and now had to reap what he sowed so thus the 50k. Now he also told should he win then he gets a big payday promise from King for the next fight
                  thanks for the clarification bro

Comment

If Cotto decided to take the 1 million then he's more than likely getting a bigger piece of the ppv money if they hit a certain figure, they didn't pick Mayorga for nothing they knew if anybody could sell the fight being on showtime PPV it was him.

Also I bet Mayorga has to be paid under the table. The more money he reportedily makes the more the courts in his home country will take. So 50K may really be more like 200K with 50k up front and 150 in don kings house in Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                      I would give mad props to Mayo for taking a fight against Cotto for only 50K and actually doing the training.
                      If he wins then he stands to make a lot more down the road, can't see that happening though.

I think his clowning around before the fight is worth $50,000 on it's own.

Comment

Working...
                      X