Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Don't Think Americans would ever come together like this..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Think Americans would ever come together like this..

2008 Greek riots
    On the night of Saturday, December 6th, two Special Guards of the Greek police clashed with a small group of young men. The exact details of what took place are still unclear, but it is known that one of the Guards fired three shots, and one of those bullets caused the death of 15-year-old Alexander Grigoropoulos - whether the injury was made by an accidental ricochet or deliberate shot remains to be determined. The two Guards are now in jail awaiting trial, the shooter charged with homicide. This incident sparked an immediate and widespread response in the form of angry demonstrations and riots in many Greek cities that have continued at varying levels to this day - though dimming in intensity recently. Alexander's death appears to have been a catalyst, unleashing widespread Greek anger towards many issues - police mistreatment of protesters, unwelcome education reforms, economic stagnation, government corruption and more.

I don't see us as americans really coming together in a time of tragedy and rioting like the whole country of greece is doing...

Comment

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...eek_riots.html

Comment

if we did bush would get more shoes thrown at him.

but really.....the only time i remember we came together is 9/11 which we still had problems going on,......

and damn someone **** that cop up

Comment

Originally posted by H0LLYW00D View Post
          I don't see us as americans really coming together in a time of tragedy and rioting like the whole country of greece is doing...
          Greece is a much smaller country than America. and we have rioted over plenty of **** before. it's nothing to be proud of. people upset at the law destroy their community. yeah, that's intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by Spare Moody View Post
            Greece is a much smaller country than America. and we have rioted over plenty of **** before. it's nothing to be proud of. people upset at the law destroy their community. yeah, that's intellect.
            Detroit still hasn't recovered

Comment

Originally posted by detluv View Post
              but really.....the only time i remember we came together is 9/11 which we still had problems going on,......
              that's completely different than coming together for a riot. every single American felt sad for the victims of 9/11 along with unity for our country and communities weeks after that happened. not everyone in Greece is participating in these riots and the only reason they're lasting so long is because their government is having trouble maintaining order. our National Guard would not **** around if **** hit the fan really bad over here.

Comment

Why do people riot, I would be looting

Comment

The Greeks don't mess about that's for sure.

I was on holiday there in the summer and in this one club some locals and a group of Cockneys ended up fighting (i don't know why) and the Cockneys beat up the locals because they had a larger group.

Anyway, about half an hour later about 50 of the locals turned up with baseball bats and proceeded to knock the living **** out of the Cockneys.

It was a very bizarre sight and i thought to myself that if anyone asks where i am from, i'm saying Australia .

PS - the Greek police are ****.

Comment

I don't get it.. Where I grew up.. we were told.. The Police have Guns... and the right to use them if they are under threat..If you choose to confront a Police officer or violently resist the police.. you run the risk of personal injury and/or possibly death..

Should injury or death occur in a confrontation with the police.. You have no one to blame but yourself..

The police are NOT the Judicial system.. If you have not committed a crime.. argue with the Judge.. When the police say something.. simply comply.. and remain polite.. they are just doing a Job.. and respect is a 2 way street..

I have followed those rules.. and have never been beaten or shot by police in any and ALL my confrontations with them..

The one time I got slapped around.. I was being a lippy little ****..

This Guy knew the risks.. and chose to ignore them..

end of..

Comment

Working...
                    X