Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My take on the three next gen systems...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on the three next gen systems...

This started out as a response to the PS3 vs Xbox 360 thread but I decided to upgrade it to its own thread...

PS3 is the most powerful system of any of them...This is a fact, when it comes to memory and hardware PS3 is the strongest...This in turn means that it has the greatest potential to bypass the other systems...Right now its the ****iest system out IMO...From what I saw of launch games and reviews, its graphics are good but game play is clunky and the framerate is slow.... Next year when they work out the bugs and come out with some original games that aren't ported (examples- Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5 (even though it's also on 360), etc) it will be worth the money...

The only good game I saw on launch was Resistance:Fall of Man....Still I've heard mixed reviews but as I saw clips of the game it looked good, it shows that the systems kick-ass, and because of the PS3's power there's still room to grow...So you can imagine what future games will be like...

That being said, as of right now, as I see it, X-box 360 is the best system out. Its a year old but has only gotten stronger...They have a great setup, the systems powerful and because they've been out for a year alot of the games coming out now look really nice, texture wise (example- Gears of War)....

The Wii is there, its got some good games from what I hear, and because of their revolutionary "nunchuck" controller they're on the cutting edge when it comes to getting the player into the game play...In fact alot of there games aren't necessarily amazing but because the controller is so much fun/ something completely new (not the same old thing) people are buying it....
    On top of that it has one more advantage, its cheap...With 360 just going down to $400 (Core system $300) and PS3 being $600 (Core system $500) the Wii has its low price on its side, being sold at a mere $250.....

In Conclusion, X-box 360 is the best right now, and will probably be until next year...Even then it will probably do well...PS3 isn't worth the $600 it costs right now but next year with some new, less buggy games, and with the price going down (most likely) it will be worth it...The Wii's caught in the middle but with the price only getting cheaper with age, and the controller being so much fun I can't see it doing to bad....

That was fun to type....
    Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 01-03-2007, 10:50 PM.

I still dont own any of the new systems

most of what you typed tho sounds like a pretty general opinion of what most people think.I dont think you really said anything new(no offense.)

But yeah I'll prob buy a 360 first.

#1Halo3 online(even though the game isnt looking all that great/diffrent from pt2)
    #2 Im getting to the point where I really dont feel like spending much on videogames anymore,and the 360 means free games with a firmware hack.Its a good investment....

I'll buy ps3....probably late '07.Its starting to come into its own already,and it hasnt been out that long,the new motorstorm game is getting alot of hype:

I tested the game on a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma HDTV. Of course the intro movie is stunning. It shows breathtaking desert landscape with crazy off-road cars ripping through the scenery. The game play actually sometimes looks nearly as good as the pre-rendered intro.
    honestly though my cheap ass is still playing my ps2.& I read not long ago that the ps2 was still outselling the 360 & that people expect it to keep outsellin the new systems thru 2007.So Im not alone in that reagrd at least

oh the wii I'll probably own towards the end of its life cycle,when it has a big catalouge.But honestly I hope it fails terribly and nintendo sticks to handhelds Id much rather play a game like the new zelda on ps3 w/o the wand

Comment

PS3's blu-ray player was compared to the newest models from Panasonic and Samsung. PS3 actually beat out the two more expensive standalone blu-ray players, particularly in the audio portion of the comparison.

Stand alone Blu-Ray players cost about $1000. PS3 is $500-$600 and also plays games....as well as surf the net.

Comment

As soon as I come into some extra money I'm gunna buy an X-box 360...I mean most of my friends have it, Gears of War looks amazing and I would love to play Co-op...I'm not much into Halo but everyone says if I played one of them that would change...

I'd like to think that I'd also buy a Wii, I mean looking at the difference in price between the PS3 and the Wii its more likely I buy the Wii....Then again I'm a big Playstation fan....So we'll see what happens, right now Zelda looks awesome and CoD:3 looks ****ing awesome....The only game on the PS3 that impresses me is Resistance:Fall of Man....Then again as I stated before
        Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
        ext year when they work out the bugs and come out with some original games that aren't ported (examples- Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5 (even though it's also on 360), etc) it will be worth the money...
        So we'll see what happens...Personally as of right now I'm torn between getting a Wii because it looks fun or an X-box 360...I'm sort of against getting alot of next gen systems because they cost a fortune and I don't even have an HDTV....I'll probably get an Xbox 360 (peer pressure ) and then like I said decide between and Wii and PS3 depending on what I like more at the time...

Comment

i sold my ps3 like a few weeks ago. i want a xbox 360

Comment

Sony does the same thing for every system they come out with. There first games are just a tiny percentage of what's to come. Like Rocky said they work our the kinks and bugs then boom, it will take one game to show the true power of the PS3. The Wii will come out with some crazy games and will prolly be the better system gaming wise than both the PS3 and 360 b/c of the controller.

Comment

Oh and if you guys haven't heard of heavenly sword yet for the PS3 check it out on youtube, it's one of the most mind blowing action games I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                i sold my ps3 like a few weeks ago. i want a xbox 360
                How much you sell it for?

Originally posted by USA4LIFE View Post
                Sony does the same thing for every system they come out with. There first games are just a tiny percentage of what's to come. Like Rocky said they work our the kinks and bugs then boom, it will take one game to show the true power of the PS3. The Wii will come out with some crazy games and will prolly be the better system gaming wise than both the PS3 and 360 b/c of the controller.
                Yea the PS3 will come out with an amazing game and sell billions of systems IMO....

I doubt the Wii will do better then the PS3, true that the controllers awesome and revolutionary but in the end most people just care about Graphics and Gameplay as a whole. Not that the Wii doesn't have good graphics/gameplay but because the PS3 is so powerful it has the potential to blow the Wii's games out of the water...

Comment

If you own a Wii - do NOT buy Call of Duty 3. I have it. It sucks on this console. You can't shoot for ****, the cross hair doesn't always follow your aim all the time so there's a lot of misses. Unlike the 360 or PS3 controllers, aim and BAM! Dead Nazi!

Save your Wii money. Right now, Wii Sports is the best game for the Wii and it comes with the system for free. Rayman is okay. Zelda was sorta fun at first but it just got boring. Ocarina of Time was far better.

Comment

I have owned the 360 since July of 2006 and I have to say that I am in love with this console and since I'm typing this I might as well through out that Rainbow 6 is simply amazing.

Comment

Working...
                    X