No announcement yet.

Chocolate Gonzalez says he's moving up, doesn't care about Estrada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    I honestly believe both Roman and Estrada would overcome Amnat, although he would frustrate Estrada more so than Roman. I think Gonzalez would bulldoze through Ruenroeng's bag of tricks and beat him into submission. It could be competitive at first since Roman tends to lay off the gas in spots during rounds, however Amnat doesn't apply the style that freezes Roman in his tracks, punches in bunches.

Estrada fought a journeyman earlier in his career that gave him fits due to his awkward style and movement, that's why i think Ruenroeng would pose a bigger threat to JFE. He tends to have some off nights and looks rather average during those fights, he would have to come prepared in more ways than one to truly dominate Amnat and his rugged style.

Tete is an entirely different monster. I think he has the jab, power and uppercuts that could decimate both Estrada and Roman. On top of that he is much bigger and has a significant arm reach advantage. He's also fighting at Bantamweight now I believe so both JFE and Roman would have to jump all the way to 118 in order for it to happen, since I doubt Tete could make 115 without putting himself in a difficult spot.
    Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    tete signed with queensbury promotions in the UK and has some financial clout behind him now

i actually think warren wanted to make tete-rigondeaux but rigo blew it
    BoxRec still has him ranked at 115lb but his next bout is for an IBF 118lb trinket. At least nobody on NSB will be whining about Roman ducking Tete lol. If not even Rigo wants to fight him, that proves Tete's potential as the next boogeyman of the lower divisions. He and McDonnell should fight at some point, seeing as how they're two of the biggest guys below 130.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 04-25-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Hopefully Gonzalez fights some names at 115. Inoue, and Tete would be great match ups.

Comment

Working...
      X