Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can GGG lure Floyd to fight him with a Hagler Vs Leonard sales pitch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -cupo- View Post
    Blah!

you're missing the point. For this particular topic, we don't care what Floyd is or isn't, thus no need to go into details of his history. I'm primarily focusing on GGG's selling pitching to try and entice/bait Floyd into fighting him.

So the Leonard/Hagler reference is me conveying a selling pitch for GGG. He being the Undisputed Middleweight Champ, holding all the belts and a raising star status, giving him some clout into calling out Floyd and gunning for that payday, if he plays it right.

By making an appeal to history -- Floyd just might bite and come out of retirement.
    I went into detail why I think Leonard-Hagler isn't a good sales pitch for Golovkin to get Mayweather in the ring. But okay, carry on.

Comment

If GGG unifies all the belts this year after canelo gets stripped and he defeats the last remaining Title holder, can he entice Floyd to fight for all the Middleweight Title straps, including Floyd's favorite, the green WBC belt since he does seem to have a WBC fetish.

I'm thinking he is gonna step up his attempts to call Floyd out, Amir Khan style.

He is outgrowing the division and why not call him out prior to permanently leaving for 168.
      Golovkin is neither Hagler nor Leonard. He brings nothing to the table. A Mayweather/Golovkin fight would be about as successful as Mayweather/Berto. Therefore, Floyd has nothing to gain from fighting him.

Floyd is retired. You haters should start treating him like he is retired.

Comment

Why is all the attention on GGG-Mayweather?? Floyd is retired and going on 40...why is it always smaller fighters for GGG?? I dont get it,Ward should be his "BIG" fight...

Comment

Along with what the others have said , Leonard is a 12lb bigger WW than what Floyd was , people need to realise that GGG has called out both Floyd and Manny and other small fighters they are WWs that weigh 150-5 on fight night , thats what JWWS weigh on fight night , full blown WWs generally weigh 160-168 on fight night and thats what Leonard weighed which is why he fought LH Lalonda at a CW , Leonard going to MW is the same as Floyd going to 154 .

People need to understand the real fight night weights of the names you throw around as there is so much ignorance to actual weight in this forum .

Comment

If GGG unifies all the belts this year after canelo gets stripped and he defeats the last remaining Title holder, can he entice Floyd to fight for all the Middleweight Title straps, including Floyd's favorite, the green WBC belt since he does seem to have a WBC fetish.

I'm thinking he is gonna step up his attempts to call Floyd out, Amir Khan style.

He is outgrowing the division and why not call him out prior to permanently leaving for 168.
            My gut reaction is no but, after thinking about it ... maybe.

Doubt that things ever get that far, for the simple fact that "Miracle Man" Daniel Jacobs isn't going anywhere(WBA mandatory defense) and Chris Eubank Jr is maybe another 12-18 months of experience away from being the real boogeyman at 160 punds(BJS vs Eubank Jr II is arguably a bigger money fight than Golovkin vs BJS).

You add that Golovkin has still yet to show himself as a guy who can draw on PPV (after 9 HBO appearances), and Floyd, even if he were to consider the fight, will pull his card on every term (payout to Golovkin of $2m + the German TV rights, demanding that the fight be on Showtime[or put up for open bid, which Showtime is likely to shell out whatever HBO could put up plus $1m], fight a 154.5 if need be, Mayweather Promotions being the sole entity negotiating out the revenues, etc), out and out embarrassing him.

Floyd gets $40m plus upside, Golovkin gets $4 (plus upside at an unlikely top level); business of boxing

Comment

So in May 2017? No. Floyds retired

Comment

At this stage of life Mayweather would get slaughtered against GGG and he knows it. GGG doesn't have enough clout to offer the money Mayweather would need to consider coming out of retirement for a humiliating loss.

Only possible way I could see it happening is if GGG agreed to a ridiculous CW and rehydration clause........which would make the fight useless.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  Golovkin is neither Hagler nor Leonard. He brings nothing to the table. A Mayweather/Golovkin fight would be about as successful as Mayweather/Berto. Therefore, Floyd has nothing to gain from fighting him.

Floyd is retired. You haters should start treating him like he is retired.
                  Are you triggered? You are having a hysterical/emotional outburst. Maybe we need to find you safe space. Adults are talking here. "haters" should have no room in a man's vocabulary in 2016.

Comment

Come on man, Leonard was a real man, he had balls.

Floyd has nothing down there, not even a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                      Floyd ain't [isn't] coming back for less than $100 million. The only two fighters who can generate that type of money is Pacquiao and Canelo.

He's almost 40 years old. He's won titles in 5 different weight classes. He's generated billions of dollars for the sport. More people have paid to watch him fight than any other fighter in history. He's kept boxing at the relevant. He retired undefeated. Why should he come back to give a guy a payday who hasn't accomplished 1/10 of what Floyd has? And a guy who isn't connected to PBC or Mayweather Promotions. Floyd's legacy is set. Why should he try to help GGG's legacy?

GGG has never had to take a risk to be great. But Floyd gave him a risk to take in order to fight him. Beat Andre Ward and Floyd will give him a fight. GGG knows this. So until GGG takes the Ward fight it's pointless for him or us to keep discussing this.
                      Have you forgotten anything? Quick someone give this may a job at Mayweather promotions, and a initiation TMT tattoo on his forehead.

Start him off as the towel boy. Skills required: Shouting "Hard work and dedication" with enthusiasm and passion.

Comment

Working...
                      X