No announcement yet.

Jones' sidekick to the leg should be illegal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones' sidekick to the leg should be illegal

regardless of whether he aims for the shinbone, calf muscle, or quadricep that sidekick should be illegal. He could very easily end someone's career on accident or perhaps on purpose with a sidekick to the knee.

Bet if they ban it jones either cherrypicks a grappler or gets ktfo in the next following fight.

Should they ban elbows, punches, knees, kicks and chokes then considering all of them could potentially be fatal or end a fighters career?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Should they ban elbows, punches, knees, kicks and chokes then considering all of them could potentially be fatal or end a fighters career?
      Im talking about within the context of the rules of the sport as it already is. Theres a reason why knees to the head of a downed opponent are illegal.

But since youre cool with it without making a legitimate argument for it then perhaps you'd be cool with legalizing finger and toe holds, low blows, eye gouges and biting since itss all fair game right???

Comment

I am struggling to see why it should be banned. Its a move that has been used for generations and perfectly legal though I assume because a fighter you dislike uses it to great effect you feel indifferently.

I haven't seen you once complain about the likes of Cung Le using it, now Jon Jones adds it to his arsenal you feel it should be banned?

Sorry failing to see where you're going with this other than a blatant dislike for Jones though if it makes you feel any better I hate him too and find his sidekicks annoying as hell mainly because hes so huge and no fcuker can get in range to crack his chin

Comment

I disagree. If they banned them they might as well ban Heel hooks and kneebars too...

Comment

it's dangerous but whatever.

all they have to do is lift their leg and it becomes a useless attack. but no one does it.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              it's dangerous but whatever.

all they have to do is lift their leg and it becomes a useless attack. but no one does it.
              It's more complicated than that. With Jones' reach he doesn't have the risk of a counter hitting him.

It should be banned because he deliberately tries to maim his opponent. Injures happen, but that is a dangerous move. Just wait til someone's knee caves in as a result. I've seen it happen in the gym. It's awful.

Comment

You know what, the sport in general seems pretty dangerous to me. Ban MMA!

Comment

I've always thought that those sort of direct kicks targeting hyperextension of the knee should be illegal.

I hate elbows on the ground as well, but for different reasons. Mainly, because their main effect is to open cuts. It really takes the "sport" out of it for me.

Comment

the equivalent of a klitchko jab tbh.. I dont have a problem with it as much as I do wth elbows on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                    X