No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse vs Arturo Gatti

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas Matthysse vs Arturo Gatti

Someone brought this up recently so I thought I'd address it. I look at Gatti with great admiration, he was a warrior but lets be honest, Mayweather beat the **** out of him. Ward terrorized him with body shots and who's the best body puncher in boxing right now? IMO Matthysse beats the **** out of Gatti like Ward did. Matthysse is an underrated boxer, I agree that Gatti has the better and faster combinations but it would be like a more competetive version of the Soto fight; remember that Soto had never been dropped in like 75 fights and he got stopped. Soto is 22-1 in his last 23 fights at this current moment.

R.I.P Gatti
    Arturo Gatti
    11.90%
    Lucas Matthysse
    88.10%

Gatti had a ton of heart, but Lucas would have beaten him bloody.

Comment

Gatti was past it at 140. Lucas whoops him bad, but it would have some awesome exchanges.

Comment

Matthysee would slaughter Gatti. Gatti was a club fighter that came along during the right time and became a product of HBO love and hype. But the guy wouldn't stand a chance against any world class fighter.

A lot of people are saying the fight would be exciting but only way the fight would be exciting is if you enjoy watching one man get beat on by another one.

Matthysee TKO in 5.

Comment

I found it surprising that I was the first vote for Gatti, but maybe that'll end up being more about time zones than anything else. We'll see.

Having said that, I see this matchup asi:

Heart - Gatti

Chin - Gatti

One Punch Power (alpha damage) - Matthysse

Speed - Fairly even

Volume of landed shots (damage per minute) - Gatti

Boxing skills - fairly even

Stamina - fairly even, maybe edge to Gatti?

In my estimation, a properly prepared Gatti actually is the slicker boxer of the two. The focus of his game varied widely throughout his career and he ended up making more money as a slugger, but folks forget he was a pretty good boxer early on.

I think it's an epic fight and Matthysse could win, but I'll take Gatti 6/10.

Props to the ts for a good fantasy matchup.

Comment

Gatti was undersized and past it at 140 and 147. He was a world class fighter in the 90's at 30 and 35.

But he would still KO Lucas at 140.

Comment

Gatti KO Lucas?

LOL.

No chance.

Amazed Floyd was crying after he beat Gatti...

Comment

Lucas ices him.

RIP Gatti

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                  Gatti was undersized and past it at 140 and 147. He was a world class fighter in the 90's at 30 and 35.

But he would still KO Lucas at 140.
                  No way Gatti was undersized at 140. He was just cutting massive amount of weight to fight smaller guys at 130 but once he started to fight guys his own size he started to lose more frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
                    Someone brought this up recently so I thought I'd address it. I look at Gatti with great admiration, he was a warrior but lets be honest, Mayweather beat the **** out of him. Ward terrorized him with body shots and who's the best body puncher in boxing right now? IMO Matthysse beats the **** out of Gatti like Ward did. Matthysse is an underrated boxer, I agree that Gatti has the better and faster combinations but it would be like a more competetive version of the Soto fight; remember that Soto had never been dropped in like 75 fights and he got stopped. Soto is 22-1 in his last 23 fights at this current moment.

R.I.P Gatti
                    you are actually a disgrace.... Stop acting like this is an analysis ...you pick Lucas over anyone....Gatti would never lose to a guy like Garcia in his prime....Gatti has So many more tools than Lucas... How you can actually try and say Lucas is as fast as him is beyond me....

Oh and BTW ....THAT Mayweather beats Lucas just as bad if not worse... but you don't think that right? you actually believe he would beat Floyd don't you?

biased fans are embarrassing to this sport

Comment

Working...
                    X