Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you hate/dislike Canelo Alvarez? [poll]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a serious note, the more Saul "Canelo" Alvarez keeps on winning the more hate he'll get. It might sound cliché but it's the thruth. Look at Floyd Mayweather Jr, the guy has won so damn much it hurts for the haters to witness. Roy Jones Jr had the same "problem" until Tarver came along and defeated him, Lampley even said it on a broadcast, that people started to like Roy more after the L because they could relate to him more. You can only win so much before they turn on you, sadly it's on most people's nature.

Me personally, i wish Canelo nothing but the best and i hope he reaches Floyd Mayweather Jr level, he is doing fine so far.

Comment

I don't hate him, I started to give him credit after he decided to take the Lara fight when everybody said he wouldn't.

If you were to ask me why some of the more rational posters dislike him, I would say it's because they think he has garnered undeserved fame and has only just started to take tough fights. In addition many feel like he has massive size advantage (but the only time that was really the case was in the Mayweather fight) after rehydration.

I will admit that the 155 catchweights have been bull**** though, either make weight or start fighting at middleweight.

Comment

You get hated on because either you suck as a person (Floyd) or your fans suck (most fighters) or you're overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushid***333; View Post
          Don't hate him but not really a fan
          This. I don't hate the kid, but I don't really like him either. I don't dislike him tho, but he isn't anything special, not yet anyway, but what remains to be seen is if he can develop into something truly great. Until then, meh.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            His fans and the fact that he's one of the KING's clear rivals.

Lately though, it's mostly his fans.
            Their fight is the biggest in boxing. It has the best story lines too. Canelo destroyed Cotto's sister in their fight, both fighters are p4p in weigh-ins [canelo having the ATG snake and Cotto having the biggest stones in boxing], Cotto beat the undisputed champ, canelo just beat the Cuban princess, and Canelo did what Cotto couldn't by beating trout.

Comment

A lot of these guys dislike him because he's a white skinned red haired mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                Only racists would react to that post. "Victim" mentality manifests in many "racism" activists. You wreak of "racism victimization." BTW Egyptians were Arabic.
                Gypshuns was black homie, we built pyramids and sheit, we beez gyptians and sheet.

Da white man just tryin' to hide our history.

Comment

I don't hate or dislike him, Canelo actually seems like a cool guy, also is a talented young fighter.

My Issue is probably more so with the way Oscar is building him up. He kinda want to baby him along and protect him and after his previous protege Victor Ortiz failed miserable maybe he is too overprotective of Canelo because of that but...Oscar seems to want to just hand the guy everything instead of him going out and earning it.

His first title was basically HANDED TO HIM after Sergio Martinez gave up his 154 WBC title and moved up to 160. His most impressive win to me is Angulo because it did not involve ANY CONTROVERSY what so ever. Trout and Lara looks good on Paper and on Boxrec but both wins are very debatable if you watch those fights without being Biased.

He is good but Oscar and his fans need to understand...He is not a Superstar Yet and he really shouldn't be picking and choose fights based on Money just yet. Pacquiao and Mayweather took YEARS to get to that Level and Paid their Due. Canelo is basically being handed EVERYTHING Including Decision some would say. lol

Comment

Because

1) He's a protected fighter. Those 114-114 and 117-111 scorecards were ridiculous.

2) He's a media darling, despite having done nothing to deserve it.

3) His resume is poor, especially for a guy with 40 something fights. Most of his wins are over blown up JWWs and WWs.

4) His fanbase.

5) He's just plain not that good, at least IMO. The Floyd and Lara fights showed he can't deal with movers. I predict Golden Boy is going to match him up with come forward fighters from now on.

Comment

I love him he makes me that E-money you can relate Robust
                      BUT If I was to hate him It'd easily be dat snake doe

Comment

Working...
                      X