Letter: "The Secret Meeting That Changed Rap Music And Destroyed A Generation"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    Define "conscious hip-hop."

In before pseudo-intellectual frauds/idiots like Mos Def and Talib Kweli (among others) who spread disinformation in their lyrics and pander to audiences of either defeatists ("we ain't ever gonna get anywhere 'cause they won't let us, dawg!") or counter-culture hip-hop hipsters whose political opinions are stunningly similar to their own.
    I don't even listen to Mos Def and Talib Kweli.. and the mindset you posted I think is the most idiotic **** ever. It's 2013 if you wanna succeed just ****ing do it.

But if you lived in the Bay Area, you'd notice what the radio plays.. it's horrible, just horrible. I can't even go 30 mins without hearing atleast 3 songs about hoes, *****es, and twerking.

Conscious I mean, **** anything other than what they play on the radio now. Artists I listen to are like the above.. KMD/MF DOOM.. shoot the radio could stop giving love to Kendrick Lamar and play another artist from LA like some Blu while they are at it.

**** all this crap they play on the radio now.

I just want people to hear lyrics that will actually make them think and not program to be idiots with fixed mindsets that jewels & riches is all there is and acting fly will give you the greatest life, **** is straight BS son.
    Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 10-05-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      I don't even listen to Mos Def and Talib Kweli.. and the mindset you posted I think is the most idiotic **** ever. It's 2013 if you wanna succeed just ****ing do it.

But if you lived in the Bay Area, you'd notice what the radio plays.. it's horrible, just horrible. I can't even go 30 mins without hearing atleast 3 songs about hoes, *****es, and twerking.

Conscious I mean, **** anything other than what they play on the radio now. Artists I listen to are like the above.. KMD/MF DOOM.. shoot the radio could stop giving love to Kendrick Lamar and play another artist from LA like some Blu while they are at it.

**** all this crap they play on the radio now.

I just want people to hear lyrics that will actually make them think and not program to be idiots with fixed mindsets that jewels & riches is all there is and acting fly will give you the greatest life, **** is straight BS son.
      Badass response. Green k coming.

I'm so sick of running into "informed hip-hop heads" who, when asked about rappers who are real, immediately respond with dudes like Mos Def.

I hate those people.

Comment

4sho Bringer..

Sometimes I feel like HipHop, like boxing is going under appreciated among the youth... it irritates me that my generation is going through so much crap. They can't even comprehend a song without it having a hook repeat 10 times when it's only a 4 word hook.

"1 2 1 2 I wonder what they'll do today besides repeat their chorus more times than Confucius Say"

"Everybody wildin' out tryin' to be the wildest, and refuse to acknowledge why this **** is so childish."
        Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 10-05-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Love this one.

We own prisons.
          We we need to fill them...

I know, lets push gangsta rap, and that will make people go around killing each other!

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            Love this one.

We own prisons.
            We we need to fill them...

I know, lets push gangsta rap, and that will make people go around killing each other!
            Murder rates in Chicago have jumped in spite of their native Chief Keef gaining fame.

Not saying that says it all, but just a funny sidenote I thought I'd mention lol.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...-violent-music

Again, he is under Interscope Records.

You don't have to take my word seriously, but I am the youth of today who sees it and I call it how it is.

Also lets not forget about the Dirty 30 in NY, a group of cops from the same precinct found guilty of over 80+ cases of perjury which ended up incarcerating much of the youth. Perjury also including dealing with criminals for money, drugs, and guns. (Circa 1994)

Corruption is very well alive in Hip Hop whether or not you realize it.
            Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 10-05-2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

On another note, what a lot of cats (young and old) don't realize is that words have much power. Much like a double edged sword.

Whatever one verbalizes with strong emotions one may bring about to their good or their detriment. It's a matter of choice.

Time delays the creation of events.

Comment

pop the molly, I'm sweating! Wooo!!

Comment

In the 90's we got Chicano Rap, Mexican talking about gangster lifestyle , pride and being tough. That letter seems very possable. Blacks and Mexicans are the majority in the prison system.

Comment

Whats next? The gaming industry has shares in these prisons? Their master plan to fill them ...... "Grand Theft Auto"

Comment

Ive read it and its interesting. Never will know if its true but most master plans involve foresight.

Comment

Working...
                      X