Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What win do you think would do more for Floyd's legacy Martinez or Pacquaio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao definitely.

Is Martinez even a HOF? Never mind an ATG...

Comment

Originally posted by ts33 View Post
      Pacquiao definitely.

Is Martinez even a HOF? Never mind an ATG...
      Don't you think if/when Floyd beats Pacquaio, people will say that Pac was too small?

Comment

Both are dangerous southpaws, which limit Mayweathers defensive options.

Since Martinez would be bigger and is dynamic I would consider that a bigger win at a higher weight than Pacman.

But that would be the cherry on top, Mayweather still needs to fight Pacman to close all doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
          Don't you think if/when Floyd beats Pacquaio, people will say that Pac was too small?
          Some people will - but we know Pac is proven at the higher weights. So full credit to Floyd if he beats him

Although it needs to happen soon. The nightmare scenario is they fight like 3 years down the line, when it's pointless, a la the Hopkins-RJJ rematch

I actually think Floyd would easily decision Martinez, who gets hit a lot, and isn't as small and agile as Pac. His big size will work against him if he fights a guy like Floyd. Martinez is riding on a high ATM, but it ain't gonna last, mark my words (i say that even though i do like him a lot)
          Last edited by ts33; 02-27-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

pac man.....and id give margo a way better chance of beating floyd than sergio altho a sergio win would look better than a margo win on floyd's resume...

Comment

Yeah, but for hard core boxing fans it's clearly Martinez.
              To me legacy equates with popularity. Everyone from the average sports fan to casual boxing fan is going to care more about Pac than Sergio.

Comment

Yeah, but for hard core boxing fans it's clearly Martinez.
                so if they pick pacman, they arent hardcore boxing fans?........slap your self please!

Comment

If May beat Pac, I can guarantee everybody will say fight a bigger Martinez and prove something

If May move up and fight Martinez and beat him, the ONLY people that will tell him to fight Pac and really prove himself is Pac fans

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                    If May beat Pac, I can guarantee everybody will say fight a bigger Martinez and prove something

If May move up and fight Martinez and beat him, the ONLY people that will tell him to fight Pac and really prove himself is Pac fans
                    Martinez is a MW. Floyd is a WW. Pacquiao is a WW

Floyd/Pac are ATG's, and HOF'ers. Who's going to remember Martinez 20 years down the line? And that's what matters - it's legacy we're talking about here

Comment

Originally posted by ts33 View Post
                      Martinez is a MW. Floyd is a WW. Pacquiao is a WW

Floyd/Pac are ATG's, and HOF'ers. Who's going to remember Martinez 20 years down the line? And that's what matters - it's legacy we're talking about here
                      Exactly!!!

It doesn't matter who's atg's or hof'ers. Martinez a bigger and great fighter. Not to mention his style isn't tailor made for May. 20 years later down the road when those watch May fights, they're be more impressed with a win vs. him than Pac. Weight moving and winning is always better and more impressive than fighting and beating those in ya class

Comment

Working...
                      X