Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else gets extremely nervous during big fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get chills when the national anthems are sung! Especially when it's the Mexican national anthem, and the US national anthem especially because I'm in the military. Also, I get chills and a sense of pride when Mexiacan fighters walk out to Mariachi music.

I get nervous and excited when it's a fighter I really like in a big fight!

Comment

I always get on the edge of my seat in good solid fights but I do get nervous on fights I really dont know the outcome on and I have real money on, for instance the Canelo vs Trout bout I had 1800 straight up that Canelo will win and initially I wasn't going to bet anything significant but I let my mouth run off and had to put up or shut up, but after the 8 round I felt GREAT! lol

Also whenever a Mexican fights I get amped up, Always want to see the Mexican Knock the other Race fighter OUT! if it mexican vs mexican I still get excited but not as amped.
      Last edited by ΣL CHAPO; 04-29-2013, 10:13 PM.

Comment

last fight i got excited for and lost sleep over was:

Pac-Cotto
        Mayweather-Mosley
        Mayweather-Cotto

this mayweather-guerrero... not so much.

but who knows when thursday comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
          It depends if I have real money on it. Or that I just like that fighter that much, or dislike the other fighter in the ring.
          Yup, I can't really enjoy fights anymore when I have money on them

Comment

Yeah when I'm watching a boxer I support I get pretty damn tense lol.

Comment

Yes, usually right before the bell rings, and I'll settle down after the first few rounds - when I care about the fight or feel like it it has some kind of meaning, a good championship bout or some such, or when I'm just watching one of my favorites perform. big ppv events will almost always do it even if I'm convinced I know the outcome I'll still get nervous about it. It's actually something I respect about fighters. I'm nervous behind a television screen, but they're the ones stepping inside that ring and putting their health on the line.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Can't say nervous, but if it's a really great fight, I'll get so edge-of-my-seat excited that I'll be drained afterward and sometimes even have achy, flu-like symptoms for an hour afterward from the energy dump. Martinez/Chavez was the last one to tax me like that.
              I had to pause the 12th round to calm down (I downloaded it and avoided finding out the outcome before watching).

Comment

I feel you on that. I always assume the worst for the fighter I'm rooting for, and expect a fluke KO, or some type of injury. I'm a miserable wreck before fights.

Comment

Only when really supporting a fighter and that's not often.

Comment

I always get nervous when my fighter's opponent has big chance to win

Comment

Cotto fights. No matter the opponent, I always get nervous.

Comment

Working...
                      X