No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Yuriorkis Gamboa, 50 Cent Hold Media Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    I didn't see that last pic when I first checked the article. I wonder how much he weighs cause he looks like he put some more meat on himself.
    Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
    I saw Yuri for the first time two months ago he looked like a mini tank this dude is 5'5 and hes training weight is 155!!! and looks like a fun sized Tyson, intimidating i wasn't expecting that first time seeing hem and to be so damn fast was crazy, he said it was all water weight and he looses it a week before the fight. I cant wait to see him back in the ring.
    It'll be interesting to see what Gamboa weighs on fight night. It's possible he won't weigh much more than he did at 126. It could be that Yuri simply doesn't have to cut as much weight now that he's fighting at the higher limit, but it won't make too much difference to his weight come fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      I expect a bit of ring rust, but I think he'll get the mid-round stoppage.
      No matter how talented you are, no matter how active you've stayed (and it seems Gamboa has remained active), there's nothing like an actual fight. Yuri will almost certainly lack some timing. But I agree on another thing, he'll probably catch on fairly quickly and hammer Farenas into submission.

I'm much more interested in seeing if the speed is still there, the athleticism, and if the power is greater, less, or the same. That stuff can't be bought. The rest can be worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        It'll be interesting to see what Gamboa weighs on fight night. It's possible he won't weigh much more than he did at 126. It could be that Yuri simply doesn't have to cut as much weight now that he's fighting at the higher limit, but it won't make too much difference to his weight come fight night.
        Wish God would have given him 2 more inches! he looks like a tank training and i saw an interview also, he said officially hes training weight is 150 and spars with people that weight so that he wont feel as much the punches of people hes weight and will hit them harder, good to see he's been busy while the cluster fk blew over i think he will make the weight with ease but i wouldnt recommend going north of 135 because of he's height.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
          Wish God would have given him 2 more inches! he looks like a tank training and i saw an interview also, he said officially hes training weight is 150 and spars with people that weight so that he wont feel as much the punches of people hes weight and will hit them harder, good to see he's been busy while the cluster fk blew over i think he will make the weight with ease but i wouldnt recommend going north of 135 because of he's height.
          That didn't come out right.

But I agree, it would've been better for Yuri if he was a little taller. He'd stand a much better chance of moving up successfully to the more lucrative divisions. Then again, you never know. Gamboa has amazing talent. He might surprise us.

Comment

But I agree, it would've been better for Yuri if he was a little taller. He'd stand a much better chance of moving up successfully to the more lucrative divisions. Then again, you never know. Gamboa has amazing talent. He might surprise us.

IN HEIGHT well if he can keep hes attributes speed and reflexes he could Tyson it up being a 5' 10 heavyweight is comparable to being a 5'5 welterweight you never know he might not need the "inches" lol

Comment

No ****...

Ive always said, when you're talented and you're destined to be great. Height doesn't matter. Of course as long as you stay within reasonable weight classes. When you're good and you know how to use your tools you will find a way to beat your opponent.

Comment

idk who farenas is but i feel bad for my fellow pinoy... hes gonna get KTFO..

Comment

Farenas would get KOed. He will make Gamboa look good.

Good for 50 cent.

Comment

Glad Gamboa is back, at least he stayed busy while he wasn't fighting. Hopefully Gamboa hasn't lost a step, if he looks great, they should keep him active.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                      idk who farenas is but i feel bad for my fellow pinoy... hes gonna get KTFO..
                      You'll be surprised!! Look more of Farenas in youtube!! He has the best straight left next to Pac!! I can see Gamboa touching the canvas 2-3 times from that straight left! In fact, I smell an Upset!!

Comment

Working...
                      X