Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really do not understand why some posters call fighting off the backfoot running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really do not understand why some posters call fighting off the backfoot running

They say using the ring all while throwing educated punches and avoiding punches is running??i thought it was called boxing??? according to some you didn't come to fight unless you stand there and throw alot of punches?? now i may be old fashion but i thought it was hit and don't get hit..

you wanna see running???this is running

Remember that time you ran away from me when I was trying to fight you over that 5 bucks you still owe me from that dice game back in 96!?!?! Yeah fool, I haven't forgotten!!!

Comment

if you punch while moving, you're boxing
      if you just move without punching, it's ok if you're recovering from hits
      otherwise, you're just running

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Remember that time you ran away from me when I was trying to fight you over that 5 bucks you still owe me from that dice game back in 96!?!?! Yeah fool, I haven't forgotten!!!
        I wasn't running i was creating space

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
          if you punch while moving, you're boxing
          if you just move without punching, it's ok if you're recovering from hits
          otherwise, you're just running
          not all the time some fighters move without punching to create a trap(see floyd hatton/ringpost)

Comment

Bump..............

Comment

heres the thing Ldogg, most of the time when people say that its because the guy back paddling is not throwing any punches.. if he's just backing up and not throwing then yes thats consider running to me.. he has to be backing up but still throwing punches. running doesnt always have to be running straight foward full speed..

Comment

There is running and there is fighting off the backfoot. In one instance, Vitali actually turned around and ran from Arreola.

Frazier ran from from Foreman.

It's also considered running when all your doing is "fighting" off your backfoot, back you're not really fighting, just taking hits and throwing nothing in return, just surviving.

Comment

larry you don't have to argue this any more since Floyd has lost his legs.

Comment

Khan ran..

Comment

Working...
                    X