No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is done.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
    Big Dunn, you seem to be a clever guy, but the ***** in you shines through too often.

I'm a huge Pacquiao fan, and I have no problem saying that if Manny and Floyd fought later this year or in 2013 I'd give Floyd... 85-90% chance of winning (not counting injuries). Although I'm sure it would be great for Floyd and his fans to get a W over Manny in 2013, it can't be at all the same.

If they would've fought in 09-10 and Floyd would've beaten Manny, which could absolutely have happened, IMO it was pretty much a 50-50 fight back then but maybe I'm biased and in reality Floyd should've been a slight favorite. Anyway, if Floyd would've won then, I would've given him much more credit compared to a fight in 2013.

Don't try to say that it means as much today as it did 3 years ago, because it doesn't. Still a good W for Floyd obviously, but definitely not the same.
    when did I say it was the same?

Comment

• im still snugly buckled up inside the pac bandwagon.
      im still hoping for a pac may showdown.

off topic :

chavez jr > sergio !
      my 5 e-billion say so! (pm for bets)

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        when did I say it was the same?
        I got that impression from your post.

IMO, the fight shouldn't happen at this time. Manny should retire, and should've done so after beating Margo.

As much as I dislike Floyd I wouldn't wanna see him get beaten by someone because he had faded too much, 5 years from now or whatever, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
          I got that impression from your post.

IMO, the fight shouldn't happen at this time. Manny should retire, and should've done so after beating Margo.

As much as I dislike Floyd I wouldn't wanna see him get beaten by someone because he had faded too much, 5 years from now or whatever, either.
          Then that was your 1st mistake. Manny hasn't faded, thats the point. He just had to use skills he isn't proficient at to get the KO's/dominant performance he had against the colttey/margs of the world. thats why he looks different.

It just is mind bogling that his fans can never discuss his lack of defense and struggles with cutting off the ring. Its not like if you do manny will not get in the IBHOF. It would just make for a more honest and better debate.

Comment

• pac is definitely on the decline now, but he has also been figured out. bradley and marquez both gave him problems stylistically. mayweather is a class of his own compared to these two...
            i'd still want to see pac/may answer all questions in the ring though.

Comment

• its funny how pacquiao was only great for a 3 fight stretch

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Then that was your 1st mistake. Manny hasn't faded, thats the point. He just had to use skills he isn't proficient at to get the KO's/dominant performance he had against the colttey/margs of the world. thats why he looks different.

It just is mind bogling that his fans can never discuss his lack of defense and struggles with cutting off the ring. Its not like if you do manny will not get in the IBHOF. It would just make for a more honest and better debate.
                He sure is. And speaking about Margarito, that's the first fight in which he showed signs of fading IMO. He didn't look as good as he had done before in that fight, and then it has just continued.

Comment

• Originally posted by Box Up!
                  I love the Pacman. No boxer has surprised and thrilled me more in the last 25 years. He’s a freak, a diamond and a star. Tough as nails, quick as hell, a real one off.

But, he’s done.

We saw Manny’s last fight on 13th November 2010 against Antonio Margarito. On that day, Manny retired.

His subsequent fights were simply not him. Clearly uninterested these days, his thirst for prizefighting has been quenched by his thirst for spiritual devotion. He doesn’t like to – and seemingly is no longer willing to - hurt people.

I’m sure the Mayweather fight WILL happen, but don’t expect much of a contest, it’ll go the way we all honestly believe, Floyd will dominate, Manny will barely be interested. Cheque please, bye, bye.

Personally i’d like to thank Manny Pacquiao for giving me some of the most exciting moments in boxing, for showing the world what is possible LEGALLY, and for being as brave-a-son-of-a-***** as I’ve ever seen.

But in truth, Manny retired almost 2 years ago, he just didn’t make it official.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    He did and I was very impressed by Cotto that night. A far cry from the fighter who lacked confidence and, more importantly, lacked a trainer when he fought Pacquiao in 2009.
                    Pac fought two fighters that lacked confidence and a trainer in 2009. Those same two fighters weren't too far off from the worst beatings they had ever taken in the ring before Pac decided he felt confident enough to fight them.

However we do know that if Pac and his team thinks someone is "too good" Pac won't fight them...

Comment

• I think Floyd would have the confidence to fight Pacquiao now.

Comment

Working...
                      X