Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get the top 3 welterweights of each decade, and compare?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Margarito was in the best shape of his life for the first Cotto fight. He spent the entire Mosley camp dropping weight. It is my belief that the wraps were loaded by a desperate trainer knowing he was sending out an unfit fighter. I just don't believe that you can get away with loading a fighter's gloves too many times.
    and in all honesty the thought that he was busted looks like it ****ed his head up. How would it not. You can go to prison for that I thought.

I will also say is Margarito was a beast around the time he fought Cotto as well though, he wasn't that slow sloppy puncher his is now, although he was never quick, just watch his sparring videos with Mora..he destroys him utterly.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      I'd replace Napoles with Cokes, he had the much better wins and Napoles only had 2 years as a Welter in the 60s
      I know. I thought that.

I just put him in their on the basis he had a few years under his belt and is better than Cokes.

But that's a good point I guess Cokes should replace him especially considering the 70's was Napoles' time.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        and in all honesty, watching videos of Margarito spar in his prime, he was an absolute beast. He even still messed Cottos face up badly in the rematch and he's so slow now. Cotto beat him but Pacquiao created the stoppage.
        No. Pacquiao beat him up, then cotto stopped him. But, Mosley, by far and away, ruined and destroyed Maragrito and created both the beating for Pac and stoppage win for Cotto. From that moment of the first massive body shot that Mosley landed in the first round that doubled Marg over, his career was officially done.

He took many more brutal bombs, flush, over and over that would have broken every part of him down from Mosley than he did from either latter fights. A prime Marg, coming of the greatest win of his career was flat out annihilated by Mosley. Beaten up, knocked down and then knocked out. He wasnt getting up from that last knock down when the ref jumped in. No one else got close to doing anything remotely resembling that to Marg. That was truly one of the single most brutal beat downs in WW history from a challenger against the champion.

Mosley ate the nut and left the shell for Pac and Cotto to feast on.

Comment

Working...
        X