Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Garcia vs Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia vs Robert Guerrero is on PBC, ran by Al Haymon.

If it was instead GGG vs Fernando Guerrero on HBO, daggum would be promoting the fight as a barnburner that's great for boxing and true fans will tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I really like Robert Gurerrero but this fight makes no sense for either he or Danny. The whole idea that we have no idea how Danny is at welter, as if he's a complete stranger, is a piss poor argument. The guy has been getting gifts and questionable opposition for so long, people are just sick of him. He needs to do something to earn fan respect again. He can't hang his hat on matthysee and Khan wins forever, especially since both of those are looking less impressive all the time.
      Ok, but who else should Danny Garcia fight then? I think Guerrero is perfect in terms of where Garcia is at at welterweight and availability of opponents. You should urge these established welterweights to fight each other rather than the guy who literally just stepped into the division. And I get it, his opposition lately was whatever, but Thurman vs Garcia is a fight that can marinate. Same with Kell Brooks.

Comment

What's wrong is that it's on pbc. Thus we will be denied 24/7/ all access gold in Reuben and angel antics. These two guys could end up fighting each other!!

Comment

This post made me remember that this fight it has gonna pit the two biggest **** talking dads in the business. That makes it a little interesting I guess when it comes time to promote the fight.

Comment

Because Guerrero has been more used up than your mom.

Comment

nothing is wrong with Swift vs Ghost....it's a very entertaining fight...there will be plenty of toe to toe exchanges during the fight and plenty of verbal shots being exchanged by the fathers/trainers leading up to the fight....this is good TV!!!

Swift broke a lot of hearts by upsetting AK and Lucas....the hearts may have healed but the **** pains still linger in some...those are the cats who are over critical of whatever Swift does

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                Gotta disagree with the bold in regards to Matthysse! Matthysse looked damn near unbeatable and was in the discussion for a Mayweather fight had he beat Garcia. The fact that Garcia erased Matthysse's aura of invincibility should never be minimalized....
                You don't think Matthysee's stock has plummeted? Because, that's what I was saying. No matter how great it was at the time, the value of that win has been diminished, be it unjust or otherwise. Like Rigo beating Donaire. It just doesn't impress people like it did a couple years ago.
                If Danny wants respect, he's gotta behave like an undefeated star. People see him as a protected fighter being processed through the star-maker machinery. I think he deserves better but he'll have to earn it.

Comment

The modicum of value will be their ignorant Daddies bickering.

Comment

this fight is going to be a true barnburner that's great for boxing and true fans will tune in oh wait i thought this was the ggg vs fernando guerrero thread

Comment

I got nothing against this fight. Its a fight between top 15, top 20 guys. If Garcia was #2 in the world or something fighting a top 20 guy might not seem all that good a matchup, but Garcia is more like a bottom top ten guy so a top 15, top 20 guy is fine & a good matchup.

The thing I'm a lil disappointed by is the fact all signs & previous news pointed to Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter being on this date (after being moved from a rumored Dec. 12 date) & now its just magically disappeared with no news about whats going on (my assumption is it gets moved to the March Fox date). That makes Garcia vs Guerrero a lil less appealing & a bit of a let down in comparison cuz Thurman & Porter are top ten guys in the division & probably top 5 guys by many so that was a much bigger, more competitive fight looming for Jan. 23.

Comment

Working...
                      X