Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was Ahead Before the KO: Froch vs Groves II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch reminds me of Pavlik. His punches are slow, but if he cracks you cleanly with an extended arm, you are screwed.

I think I had Groves ahead by 1 point going into the eighth round. It does not matter though, it all got erased by a great punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Patty Tanager View Post
      He was literally KOed for 2-3 seconds, then woke up, then jumped up.
      That's very possible. But.....

Shouldn't he be given ten seconds to recover? After all, that's the universal rules of boxing. That just chaps my a55.

If a guy is taking punishment and doesn't go down, then yea step in and stop it but if a guy goes down, let him get a ten count to stand up and make the call after that. At least when Lennox Lewis was cold ****ed and out for a second they let him stand up and stumble before just waving it off before he stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        Froch reminds me of Pavlik. His punches are slow, but if he cracks you cleanly with an extended arm, you are screwed.

I think I had Groves ahead by 1 point going into the eighth round. It does not matter though, it all got erased by a great punch.
        Speaking of that, Pavlik vs. Froch would be one hell of a fight if Kelley came back strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          On a sub note, it pisses me off when a ref stops the fight before giving a count of any kind. If you noticed, the second Groves realized the ref was waving his arms he imediately jumped up to his feet and could have continued. Yes, he went down hard and didn't move much once he came to rest with his leg bent back but there is a ten count for a reason. Who knows, the kid may have been able to get himself together and recovered.
          You're an idiot.

Comment

I thought Groves was ahead but the momentum was def swinging in Froch's favor

Comment

The momentum had shifted in Froch's favor with his late round body barrage in the 4th. Even though I had Groves taking that round, every round after was in Froch's favor - and even if he hadn't knocked George out, the 8th looked like it was his, too, which would've put the fight at 4-4 on my card.

Groves was ahead, but Carl had been coming on strong for several rounds; who knows late fight if George would have shown the stamina to take some of the later rounds and keep it close or not.

Comment

Froch was ahead, by a round or two

Groves was having his best spell of the fight though in rounds 7 and 8 (pre ko)

Comment

4-3 to Groves.

Jim Watt was at his absolute worst in this fight. That senile old fool should have been put to pasture years ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X