Clear All

even if he did weigh in that much people won't complain

it's double standards......because people like him

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post

He didn't.

Same as JCC Jr. didn't weigh 240 pounds after hitting a 6 foot bong the night of the Sergio Martinez fight.

It's double standards.

Both would have had to gained the same amount of weight in one day as each other, as legend has it.

I couldn't see JCC Jr. do it.

And I can't see a Jr. Welter do it.

Nearly 25+ pounds? In one night?

Comment

I talk bad about Chavez Jr for fighting out of his true weight class. So I would be a hypocrite if I didn't say the same about Lucas.

But.....the 163 lbs thing has to be a typo. He didn't look that much bigger than Dallas. I'm going to assume it was an error on Showtime's part until proven otherwise.

Comment

There are no double standards as JCC Jr has been caught using diuretics in the past and Rios and Broner have missed weight in the past.

Lucas has made the weight so no problem.

Comment

If he makes the weight limit of 140 I dont care if he weighs 300lbs in the ring. He hurts himself by cutting so much weight if it's not his ideal weigh in weight.

Its all about making the limit on the day of the weigh in, not what he re-hydrates to in the ring or after the fight. Thats irrelevant, unless it's stipulated in the contract

Comment

I don't care what weight a fighter comes into the ring at, as long as they make the weight for the weigh-in. There are no laws or limits on rehydration AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                I talk bad about Chavez Jr for fighting out of his true weight class. So I would be a hypocrite if I didn't say the same about Lucas.

But.....the 163 lbs thing has to be a typo. He didn't look that much bigger than Dallas. I'm going to assume it was an error on Showtime's part until proven otherwise.
                Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                He didn't.

Same as JCC Jr. didn't weigh 240 pounds after hitting a 6 foot bong the night of the Sergio Martinez fight.

It's double standards.

Both would have had to gained the same amount of weight in one day as each other, as legend has it.

I couldn't see JCC Jr. do it.

And I can't see a Jr. Welter do it.

Nearly 25+ pounds? In one night?
                wasn't a typo

David Greisman ‏@fightingwords2
                A Showtime spokesman confirms that Matthysse truly was 163.5 pounds tonight. Wow. Just wow.

Comment

wasn't a typo

David Greisman ‏@fightingwords2
                  A Showtime spokesman confirms that Matthysse truly was 163.5 pounds tonight. Wow. Just wow.

Well, damn.

Guess Lucas got the better Amino 4500 then Jr.

Comment

He made weight so who cares?

Rios and Broner got criticized for NOT making weight, which is something Lucas did like a true professional. I don't care if he blew up to 180, the guy made weight and that's all that matters.

I still have my doubts, he might have weighed in with clothes/shoes and after eating a big meal or something.

Comment

I have a very hard time believing that.

Comment

Working...
                      X