Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd MAYWEATHER Jr's "Hit List".... Mission NEARLY Accomplished!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd MAYWEATHER Jr's "Hit List".... Mission NEARLY Accomplished!

This is an article from May, 2009 - before Floyd fought Juan Manuel Marquez.

I remember that people were laughing at "hit list" at the time.

I found it interesting to go back and revisit.

Mayweather’s Hit List Includes Pacquiao, Mosley, Cotto

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/en/news/53...o-Mosley-Cotto

If people thought Floyd Mayweather Jr. was going to return for a payday or two and then head back into retirement, they are very mistaken. Mayweather returns to the ring on July 18 against Juan Manuel Marquez at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Floyd has been away from the ring since a December 07 knockout of Ricky Hatton.

Since Mayweather’s return, we’ve heard the constant mention of the infamous “hit list” that Floyd provided to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer. Speaking exclusively with BoxingScene.com’s Luis Sandoval, Schaefer disclosed some of the names on Floyd’s hit list. Manny Pacquiao was an obvious name. Others like Shane Mosley and Miguel Cotto are there too. And even a potential fight the down the road with junior welterweight Victor Ortiz, who many view as a future superstar in the sport.

“Yes, he has a hit list. The same thing with Marquez. Both guys want to fight the best. Mayweather, should he win that fight, he wants to go on and [continue to] fight. There is Pacquiao on the list, there is Shane Mosley on the list, there is potentially a Miguel Cotto on the list and maybe down the road somebody like Victor Ortiz,” Schaefer said to BoxingScene.

It's not only who you face but when you face them

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      But he came back in 2009 and said he would face those four guys. At that time, people ON HERE were saying that he would not.

Three years later, he has faced four of the five.

The search feature above works well..... don't make me have to.

Comment

For the record, I absolutely acknowledge and agree with your statement.

Comment

Absolutely true. But russian crushin think about this.

Floyd and cotto 05-07 makes floyd about 8 mil and cotto about 3 mil. In 2012 those same 2 fighters made $40 mil plus and put on a great fight, proably alot better than in 05. DO you think it was worth the wait?

Comment

I wonder where is ra the rugged man right now and what he has to say about all this?

Comment

Yes, before the alt changes, many were saying Floyd was too 'scared' to face any of them.

Floyd won't get the credit even after he beats Pacquiao.

Comment

Well seeing as how this list didn't come out until 2009, there really hasn't been any other sensible time to face these guys.

If he could go back in time, he might be able to face them in their primes.

Comment

Pretty much killed the thread there

Comment

Well said. I always say, more important than who is when. And to his credit, Floyd has done a nice job of that as well since his return.

Comment

Working...
                    X