Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez is Aiming To Be The Next Idol of Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny he does not mention JMM with the other mexilegends.

Comment

If Mosely still had his reflexes he'd be a force to be reckoned with - we'll see what he still has this weekend. If Shane has one more good fight in him - Canelo gets ko'ed.

Comment

isn't he already? this kid hasn't done squat but i heard he's already filling up stadiums there in mexico. meanwhile a legend like JMM can only get a couple thousands to come to his fights. what a joke. i hope mosley knocks this hypejob out.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
          The closest thing to a Trinidad beating would be if Canelo faced Martinez right now. What other wolf can do that to Canelo at this time? Molina or Lara would be a logical step for him to be a legitimate contender to his own title.
          Cotto, Floyd, and Manny would absolutely rape Canelo if they fought right now. I do agree that he should be fighting Kirkland, Molina, Lara, Delvin Rodriguez, but first he's gotta get past Mosely on Saturday which Im not sure will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruderic21 View Post
            This circus clown hasn't fought anyone outside being pimped by a television network due to him being a red head Mexican. I think the WBC believes Canelo is the white skinned God Quetzalcoatl , and the majority of his fans adore him due to that fact.
            Dude, STFU. Canelo isn't the only white Mexican in Mexico! There are millions and millions of white Mexicans all over Mexico and the rest of the globe (my family included). Ask any Mexican and they'll tell you that's it's not uncommon at all. After all, Mexico was invaded by the Spanish and French; and have had plenty of immigrants from Holland, Germany, and Argentina (who have plenty of white people themselves)!

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
              Cotto, Floyd, and Manny would absolutely rape Canelo if they fought right now. I do agree that he should be fighting Kirkland, Molina, Lara, Delvin Rodriguez, but first he's gotta get past Mosely on Saturday which Im not sure will happen.
              I should've said realistically at this time, but I agree Pacquiao and Mayweather would currently take him to school. Mosley might have one big performance left and it can be against someone with Canelo's caliber. If Canelo wants to be in the Mayweather mix, the reason why he says he agrees to help Mayweather sell his PPVs, he'll need to knock him out (he still might get the shot if he dominates like what Floyd or Manny did).

But yeah, he really needs to face a top contender before a Floyd/Manny/Martinez type of fight if he wants to please boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Pac and Floyd fought Mosley not too long ago. Canelo is now fighting him and from here on out his level of competition is going nowhere but up.

Canelo is still very young and people talk about him like he's 30. This is the year he will be tested and we will see what the kid is really made of.
                We already know what he's made of...that's why he's fighting washed-up no hopers..

There is no excuse for fighting Shane...the guy hasn't won a fight in years.

Canelo doesn't have to step up the comp..people are going to make excuses for him because they are DESPERATE for a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
                  not really kirkland is a bum........i'd rather see canelo take on lara or molina

NO way Canelo is not ready for someone like LARA

Comment

i believe canelo will get there. He has the strength and the skills to get far. not to mention he is such a draw already

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
                      not really kirkland is a bum........i'd rather see canelo take on lara or molina

If Kirkland is a bum Alvarez is a hobo..

Comment

Working...
                      X