Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Joshua Getting Close as Both Sides Wait For Rulings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    It said in the article it would be for the WBA & IBF belts if it happened. That could change but I posted the other day that if the WBO belt is vacant Parker would have first crack as the #1 WBO ranked fighter. If Klitschko fights Joshua that would leave Andy Ruiz (WBO #3) as the opponent for Joseph Parker. Ruiz dropped out of WBO final eliminator with Hughie Fury (WBO #5) claiming promotional issues. He wants to be paid more by his management. Will this change if the WBO belt becomes vacant? If he doesn't step up David Haye is next in line before Hughie. Just a conspiracy theory but did Andy Ruiz drop out from the eliminator knowing Tyson could be stripped or vacant the WBO belt? That could leave him in position to fight for the vacant belt against Parker...
    Interesting.

Do you see Parker avoiding a PPV fight versus Joshua to pursue the wbo against a fat fück who brings no PPV ? I can't possibly see Hearn and Joshua willingly facing Parker when he isn't mandated, it's certainly an interesting development.

If Klitschko Joshua doesn't happen in November I'd prefer Parker but even now I still have my doubts Hearn pits his cash cow against either. Preferably if Klitschko isn't given a shot Joshua I'm hopeful he will be the one facing Ruiz or anyone else bar the PED cheat Hughie Fluffy Furry and his bacne roided to the gills ass for the vacant title.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
      Interesting.

Do you see Parker avoiding a PPV fight versus Joshua to pursue the wbo against a fat fück who brings no PPV ? I can't possibly see Hearn and Joshua willingly facing Parker when he isn't mandated, it's certainly an interesting development.

If Klitschko Joshua doesn't happen in November I'd prefer Parker but even now I still have my doubts Hearn pits his cash cow against either. Preferably if Klitschko isn't given a shot Joshua I'm hopeful he will be the one facing Ruiz or anyone else bar the PED cheat Hughie Fluffy Furry and his bacne roided to the gills ass for the vacant title.
      Parker has options. The Joshua fight is still there if Klitschko fights him. He would be the mandatory still if he gets past Dimitrenko. I don't see him losing that fight but if he walks away injured then things change. It is such a mess. Is Ortiz still the WBA #1 after dropping out of 2 eliminator fights? What does Parker do? The Joshua fight would be a good money maker but if he were to win the WBO belt he could demand more money for that fight but another issue is Ruiz he is next in line after Parker & Klitschko. Everything kind of depends on what Wlad does as he is #2 in the IBF, WBA & WBO behind Parker & Ortiz. I think Wlad is the key to seeing how this turns out. Does Ruiz really have managerial issues? Will it go to court & delay his career? Will Ortiz still keep his #1 rank in the WBA after he pulled out of 2 fights? Wlad too has options but if he fights Joshua there is a chance it is only for Joshua's IBF belt. Ortiz, Oquendo, Browne & Ustinov are still in the WBA picture through the tourney. Ruiz, Haye & Hughie are #3,4 & 5 in WBO... It's a mess & filled with a whole lot of question marks...

Comment

Parker has options. The Joshua fight is still there if Klitschko fights him. He would be the mandatory still if he gets past Dimitrenko. I don't see him losing that fight but if he walks away injured then things change. It is such a mess. Is Ortiz still the WBA #1 after dropping out of 2 eliminator fights? What does Parker do? The Joshua fight would be a good money maker but if he were to win the WBO belt he could demand more money for that fight but another issue is Ruiz he is next in line after Parker & Klitschko. Everything kind of depends on what Wlad does as he is #2 in the IBF, WBA & WBO behind Parker & Ortiz. I think Wlad is the key to seeing how this turns out. Does Ruiz really have managerial issues? Will it go to court & delay his career? Will Ortiz still keep his #1 rank in the WBA after he pulled out of 2 fights? Wlad too has options but if he fights Joshua there is a chance it is only for Joshua's IBF belt. Ortiz, Oquendo, Browne & Ustinov are still in the WBA picture through the tourney. Ruiz, Haye & Hughie are #3,4 & 5 in WBO... It's a mess & filled with a whole lot of question marks...
        Best not to over think it, especially at your age. I'm looking out for you dude.

No seriously jokes aside, Parker would be a dummy to pursue a belt in another organisation Joshua would hide from him like Wilder has managed to hide behind his wbc belt facing exclusively Haymon fighters and managing to avoid a single mandatory in two years when he was ordered to fight an immediate mandatory upon picking up the belt when Stiverne still had one outstanding from picking up a vacant belt. That's all by the by anyway.

I don't see Parker facing anyone other than Joshua if it isn't Klitschko fighting the Brit next. After the way in which Hearn and Brook have the UK casuals in their palms even after the manner in which Brook lost to GGG I am ABSOLUTELY certain Joshua would still be perceived PPV after a potential loss to Klitschko. Dude has nothing to lose and can avoid Parker in the process of losing the IBF belt.

Comment

Still don't see this happening.

If it does, though, GREAT!

Comment

Best not to over think it, especially at your age. I'm looking out for you dude.

No seriously jokes aside, Parker would be a dummy to pursue a belt in another organisation Joshua would hide from him like Wilder has managed to hide behind his wbc belt facing exclusively Haymon fighters and managing to avoid a single mandatory in two years when he was ordered to fight an immediate mandatory upon picking up the belt when Stiverne still had one outstanding from picking up a vacant belt. That's all by the by anyway.

I don't see Parker facing anyone other than Joshua if it isn't Klitschko fighting the Brit next. After the way in which Hearn and Brook have the UK casuals in their palms even after the manner in which Brook lost to GGG I am ABSOLUTELY certain Joshua would still be perceived PPV after a potential loss to Klitschko. Dude has nothing to lose and can avoid Parker in the process of losing the IBF belt.
            Molina is Don King & Duhaupas is with some French dude so it isn't all Haymon fighters but if Stiverne were to beat Povetkin & Wilder you can bet his first 2 defences would be Molina & Bryan... Don King is the "keep it in the family" promoter. Andrew Golota who was King's cash cow got 3 straight title shots against vs Ruiz, Byrd & Brewster. All 4 were with King at the time & the 3 champions all got smaller purses than Golota...

Comment

Molina is Don King & Duhaupas is with some French dude so it isn't all Haymon fighters but if Stiverne were to beat Povetkin & Wilder you can bet his first 2 defences would be Molina & Bryan... Don King is the "keep it in the family" promoter. Andrew Golota who was King's cash cow got 3 straight title shots against vs Ruiz, Byrd & Brewster. All 4 were with King at the time & the 3 champions all got smaller purses than Golota...
              I thought Molina and Duhaupas were both Haymon men, are you certain they aren't ? No big deal my mistake, you're better informed than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                Still don't see this happening.

If it does, though, GREAT!
                Fingers crossed. I think we'll get Joshua vs a Haymon fighter or someone else lacklustre and Klitschko versus Ruiz, it all just sounds too good to be true.

Comment

I thought Molina and Duhaupas were both Haymon men, are you certain they aren't ? No big deal my mistake, you're better informed than I am.
                  Molina is one of 3 HWs I know who are with Don King. Stiverne & Trevor Bryan are the other 2. He just released De Mori before the Haye fight. He could have more. Duhaupas is with some french promoter from his native country of France. Duhaupas has only fought 1 haymon fighter & that is Wilder. He pretty much sticks to fighting in Europe.

Comment

Molina is one of 3 HWs I know who are with Don King. Stiverne & Trevor Bryan are the other 2. He just released De Mori before the Haye fight. He could have more. Duhaupas is with some french promoter from his native country of France. Duhaupas has only fought 1 haymon fighter & that is Wilder. He pretty much sticks to fighting in Europe.
                    Must be why I thoght he was with Haymon because he fought Wilder when I was believing Haymon was matching him versus only his own stable of promoted fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X