Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any of you taught yourself how to play an instrument?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I taught myself guitar but I learned more about it from playing with other guitarists and by taking music theory classes in college.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      I taught myself guitar but I learned more about it from playing with other guitarists and by taking music theory classes in college.
      I use and always have used tabs.

and riff wise if I come up with something I write it down in tab form. Pretty pathetic, but see my scope is punk rock - black metal

that's it.

It's all I feel good listening to myself play.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Plenty of friends learned guitar by themselves. But piano? Good luck

Comment

I've wanted to learn how to play Piano for awhile now. Just haven't had the time lately.

I'll start taking lessons soon for sure. I love Piano.

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
            I use and always have used tabs.

and riff wise if I come up with something I write it down in tab form. Pretty pathetic, but see my scope is punk rock - black metal

that's it.

It's all I feel good listening to myself play.
            Tabs became a thing after I had been playing awhile. It's actually pretty ingenious and a very efficient way to learn but I am a bit oldschool to wrap my head around it.

Comment

Without lessons ts hard to learn both of those instruments. I taught myself to play the drums. I'm not good by any means, but I can play them without sounding like a total jackass. It you want to progress with the instrument you're better off not developing Any bad habits that you'll have to break down the road. It you don't want to pay for lessons, I'd suggest perhaps involving a friend with experiennce with the instruments to give you an introduction

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Plenty of friends learned guitar by themselves. But piano? Good luck
                Piano playing on a high level might be the most impressive feat with an instrument, but the basics are very simple. If you play the white keys onlyypu are in the key of c. The basic principals of the major scale are laid out on a keyboard.

Comment

I have a full drum set and a fender strat neither i can play for sht and all they do is collect dust and make whores go can you play.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    I have a full drum set and a fender strat neither i can play for sht and all they do is collect dust and make whores go can you play.

If your strat is made in america it is valuable. How old is it?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      If your strat is made in america it is valuable. How old is it?
                      i got it when i was 14 so 17 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X