Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez: "Golovkin will be the middleweight king in a few years"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez would beat GGG as bad or worse than Chavez.

Comment

Martinez would KO GGG in 9. Martinez would box circles around him, cut him mid rounds, and then put it on him with the angles and get him out of there. It would be worse than the Chavez fight, at least Chavez had a size advantage. I think it's funny that GGG beats a decent Euro fighter and a 154lb'er in Rosado and now he can beat the #1 Middleweight in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by hhwff3000 View Post
        Well said homie, people who didn't watch the fight and only seen pictures think he battered rosado into submission, when in reality if the cut hadn't impaired his vision it could've been more competitive in the later rounds (in which rosado gets stronger, and ggg gases) What was weird to me is that rosado did that much damage even though he didn't appear to get in many exchanges with GGG during the whole fight. Much props to GGG for busting him up with a jab though.
        OMG Golovkin had a puffy eye? No way! I guess since Martinez had a busted up nose against Darren Barker that must mean he would lose to [insert random name]. Donaire had a puffy face against Vazquez & Mathebula there for he'd lose to [insert random name]!

Man, this is boxing. You're going to get some lumps & bruises. And let's not just say "oh well rosado had a cut that's why he lost" Rosado got the sh%t beat out of him. His face was a mess. Oh the blood made it worse right? Yeah that's why they threw in the towel and his trainer said "I don't want him to die!". Get real.

Golovkin is a real threat to anyone at 160, including Martinez. So his eye got marked up, big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
          Martinez would KO GGG in 9. Martinez would box circles around him, cut him mid rounds, and then put it on him with the angles and get him out of there. It would be worse than the Chavez fight, at least Chavez had a size advantage. I think it's funny that GGG beats a decent Euro fighter and a 154lb'er in Rosado and now he can beat the #1 Middleweight in the world.
          Chavez didn't cut off the ring at all and was lost & confused during the entire fight. he was he even back peddling at times. You're telling me unskilled Chavez would do better than a far superior boxer in Golovkin? Give me a break. Chavez got a gift against Sebastian Zbik, went the distance and didn't look great against Rubio, and now he's better than Golovkin? C'mon, you guys are smoking rocks or you don't know anything about boxing. Chavez is a mediocre fighter with a big name.
          Last edited by ИATAS; 02-12-2013, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            OMG Golovkin had a puffy eye? No way! I guess since Martinez had a busted up nose against Darren Barker that must mean he would lose to [insert random name]. Donaire had a puffy face against Vazquez & Mathebula there for he'd lose to [insert random name]!

Man, this is boxing. You're going to get some lumps & bruises. And let's not just say "oh well rosado had a cut that's why he lost" Rosado got the sh%t beat out of him. His face was a mess. Oh the blood made it worse right? Yeah that's why they threw in the towel and his trainer said "I don't want him to die!". Get real.

Golovkin is a real threat to anyone at 160, including Martinez. So his eye got marked up, big deal.
            Do you remember Pac's face after Clottey, Clottey fcuked him up, what a robbery

Comment

Chavez didn't cut off the ring at all and was lost & confused during the entire fight. he was he even back peddling at times. You're telling me unskilled Chavez would do better than a far superior boxer in Golovkin? Give me a break. Chavez got a gift against Sebastian Zbik, went the distance and didn't look great against Rubio, and now he's better than Golovkin? C'mon, you guys are smoking rocks or you don't know anything about boxing. Chavez is a mediocre fighter with a big name.
              Unlike Chavez who far outweighed Martinez, GGG would not be able to withstand Sergio's power. If GGG get's caught by a clean Martinez left, he's eating the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                Unlike Chavez who far outweighed Martinez, GGG would not be able to withstand Sergio's power. If GGG get's caught by a clean Martinez left, he's eating the canvas.
                I could easily spin it and say Chavez doesn't have the power that Golovkin has nor does he know how to cut off the ring like GGG does, therefore that round 12 we saw Martinez nearly KOd in could very will be round 7 against Golovkin.

Fact is, none of us know how the fight would be. But I can tell you with certainty Its a far more appealing fight that Martin Murray and a Chavez rematch.

Comment

I could easily spin it and say Chavez doesn't have the power that Golovkin has nor does he know how to cut off the ring like GGG does, therefore that round 12 we saw Martinez nearly KOd in could very will be round 7 against Golovkin.

Fact is, none of us know how the fight would be. But I can tell you with certainty Its a far more appealing fight that Martin Murray and a Chavez rematch.
                  GGG's power is not proven against high caliber opponents. The guy couldn't knockdown Rosado and you think he'd stop Martinez?

I'll tell you how this fight will play out...
                  For the first few rounds Martinez will dance circles around GGG and shred his face with a couple dozen jabs. By the fifth or sixth round GGG will begin to tire (see: Rosado/Ouma fights) and Martinez will turn on his second gear (see: every Martinez fight). Somewhere between the eighth or tenth round the fight get's stopped. GGG is made for Martinez; Sergio wants his opponents to come after him.

Comment

Oh ok thanks Nostradamus, I guess now there is no point in ever making the fight since we now know exactly what would happen, round by round, thanks to your infinite wisdom.

And you're exactly right, Golvokin certainly gassed in those fights you mentioned. I mean, it's not like he didn't stop Ouma (sent him to the hospital) and Rosado as the rounds went on. Surely they quit because they felt bad for Golovkin who was clearly gasping for air; they felt pity for him and retired to save his dignity.

What a weakling Golovkin is

These are clearly the faces of people being punched by feather fisted pillow punchers like Golovkin.

And it's clear there is NO possible way Golovkin could hurt Sergio, being that Golovkin is so weak and all, and that Martinez doesn't get knocked down, well besides Chavez Jr and Paul Williams and Kelly Pavlik and Margarito...
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 02-12-2013, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                      GGG's power is not proven against high caliber opponents. The guy couldn't knockdown Rosado and you think he'd stop Martinez?
                      the fight did not last 12 rounds, so your reason is not valid, what do you think will happen if the fight was not stopped? what will happen to the busted rosado? lets be realistic here bro

Comment

Working...
                      X