Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Amir Khan fair against the following opposition?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Khan loses all of them.
    I mean even Lopez, the smallest of them all, was able to crack Ortiz's jaw....
    That's actually pretty sad if you think about it...

I mean to me Khan is a better boxer than Lopez but just one flush hit to the jaw and "superior boxing" doesn't even matter anymore..

They need to get Peterson's doc to inject some stuff in his jaw.

Comment

Khan got Knocked out by a guy that timed him ..... and countered him

Marquez knocks him out cold, even if he doesn't have the power he would catch him over 12 rounds

Guerrero would UD Khan might even stop him

Lopez gets a decision in a war

Thurman KO early

Khan is actually one of my current favorites.... top 5 favorites right now but his stock dropped dramatically after Cheaterson and Garcia aka the JWW Sonny Boy Jaro
      Last edited by LeG00N; 12-08-2012, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        That's actually pretty sad if you think about it...

I mean to me Khan is a better boxer than Lopez but just one flush hit to the jaw and "superior boxing" doesn't even matter anymore..

They need to get Peterson's doc to inject some stuff in his jaw.
        No he isn't, he's just faster and more athletic, Lopez's boxing skills are very underrated IMO in a P4P scenario I wouldn't be surprised if Lopez got a decision over Canelo

Comment

Khan outboxes Lopez
          Marquez TKOs Khan
          Khan Guerrero is 50-50
          Haven't seen enough of Thurman to speak intelligently.
          Ortiz KOs Khan

Comment

right now they look like tough fights for Khan

even Lopez who is long and will throws hooks from odd angles. Probably the most winnable but its another guy who will be throwing behind the ear and into the leaky part of Khan's D. Ive seen ppl mention this one on here b4, that would be a good fight.

JMM is also a good fight that he could possibly "stay in" and not be crushed on the spot. JMM would be coming off a Pac fight, dealing with speed wouldnt be the issue to overcome unless he somehow gets old tomorrow

The others are welters and we always wonder will a guy carry their power up in weight, well with amir you have to wonder if his chin will allow him to stick around up there or if 140 is his limit. It doesn't really matter Khan is usually action

Comment

Originally posted by Birkonian View Post
              All at the Welterweight limit of 147 lb.

1.) Khan vs. Josesito Lopez?
              2.) Khan vs. Juan Manuel Marquez?
              3.) Khan vs. Keith Thurman?
              4.) Khan vs. Robert Guerrero?
              5.) Khan vs. Victor Ortiz?
              1.) Hmm tough one, Lopez has decent pop and he will keep fighting to the end. He would hurt Khan but I don't know if he would finish him. I'll go with Khan by controversial decision.

2.) Khan wins, styles make fights

3.) Khan gets put in a coma

4.) Khan gets stopped

5.) Khan gets stopped

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                1.) Hmm tough one, Lopez has decent pop and he will keep fighting to the end. He would hurt Khan but I don't know if he would finish him. I'll go with Khan by controversial decision.

2.) Khan wins, styles make fights

3.) Khan gets put in a coma

4.) Khan gets stopped

5.) Khan gets stopped
                Lopez makes it close and Guerrero beats him but the most accomplished the best boxer out of the 4 loses... because styles make fights. Like the style where Khan gets countered fairly easily.......

nvm I really don't even care lol you thought he lost to Chris John

Comment

I think khan loses all these fight though funnily i support khan. right now khan doesnt seem like he can win any fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    Lopez makes it close and Guerrero beats him but the most accomplished the best boxer out of the 4 loses... because styles make fights. Like the style where Khan gets countered fairly easily.......

nvm I really don't even care lol you thought he lost to Chris John
                    Both Lopez and Guerrero have similar height and reach as Khan and decent speed, JMM in addition to being much shorter with much smaller reach is also a lot slower. He would get outsped and outworked by a taller dude who is even faster than Pac. He would land some shots but he doesn't have a lot of power above 135. Pretty much everybody knows that JMM does not look good against boxer-movers. Why do you think Nacho convinced him not to fight Khan when the fight was on the table?
                    Last edited by Light_Speed; 12-08-2012, 06:50 AM.

Comment

1) Khan UD
                      2) JMM late-TKO
                      3) different weight classes, irrelevant
                      4) Guerrero UD
                      5) Khan UD or Ortiz KO (50-50)

Comment

Working...
                      X