Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortiz "Rios is a 4 round fighter, good for when i need a tune up"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rios has had success at 135 largely because of his natural size, otherwise there was no reason to kill himself making (or trying to make) weight. That come-forward brawling style won't go over so well against bigger opponents. Ortiz would dismantle Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
      I agree 100% with Victor

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        Ortiz must be describing himself.
        Victor would defeat Bam Bam IMO, do you not agree?

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
          i hope this fight happens and ortiz breaks his damn eye socket too
          Daisy Marie in your avatar, nice.

Comment

Ortiz murks Rios if that happens at WW. Rio's brute strength and pressure plays right into Ortiz's hands.

Comment

I'd knock Ortiz out in a street fight

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Watched a couple of video's.

Berto is going to rip that boy's head off.

I don't know about this. Berto did not look good vs Quintana's or Ortiz's styles. I don't think Berto is special and is pretty much 1 dimensional. I question his stamina and adaptation.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Wait Maidana stopped him in 5 i think

Close enough
                  Pretty sure it was the 6th

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                    Victor would defeat Bam Bam IMO, do you not agree?
                    It depends on how well Rios carries his weight and how he would be able to take Ortiz power. I would have to see Rios at JWW and his outgrowing JWW, I would have to see him at WW. Before I can really answer.

I know people for some reason like to overrate Ortiz, not sure if it's because, he is with Golden Boy or because he fought Floyd. Rios might not be that good, sure fine. But, Ortiz is a Judah, a Clottey to me. Mental midget, if an opponent can give it as well as take and stand up to them, then they will fold.

But, one thing we know for sure. P4P if I have to pick who's a bigger front runner between Ortiz and Rios. It is Ortiz, if I have to say who's more of a 4 round fighter, it is Ortiz. I have seen Rios get somewhat outbox, damn near dominated and score a come from behind KO, I have seen Rios get in the balls repeatedly over and over and still do damage, I have seen Ortiz quit not only physically but mentally. Ortiz might have the better tools, and skill level. But, when it comes to intangibles I would take Rios intangibles over Ortiz any day of the week. I don't know how anyone can say Ortiz intangibles is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                      I agree 100% with Victor

Wait... these 2 used to be friends? What's the story behind this and the bad blood?

Comment

Working...
                      X