Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxers have the best combination of punching power and punch resistance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You basically just described James Toney

Comment

Johnny Tapia was a guy I thought of. he did alot of boxing but he would mix it up at certain spurts in his fights and would take alot of rounds that way. He also had one hell of a chin and wasn't a huge one punch guy but could definitely punch if he got you he would stay on you and finish you.

Comment

Ray Robinson
        Ray Leonard
        Shane Mosley
        George Foreman
        Erik Morales
        Naseem Hamed
        Rocky Marciano
        James Toney
        Julio Cesar Chavez
        Last edited by BigStereotype; 02-19-2011, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Carmen Basilio and Shane Mosley were first too come to mind.

Comment

G-man takes this IMO. The guy had great power, and too good of a chin for his own good.

Comment

Marciano, Hagler, Dempsey..

Honourable mentions to Tua, Vitaly, Duran and Ray Mercer in his prime..

Comment

David Tua has to have one of the better chin/power combos. Holyfield and Marciano tend to come out on top of exchanges, guys like Erik Morales too. But Gerald Mcclellan is the one guy id rather not Trade shots with, concrete chin and bonecrunching power!

Comment

Also worth a mention is that little powder keg Manny Pacquaio!

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                    Marciano, Hagler, Dempsey..

Honourable mentions to Tua, Vitaly, Duran and Ray Mercer in his prime..
                    I was going to say Hagler his power wasn't one punch KO but, it was very good and I've never seen him get backed up when trading. Just look at Hagler vs Hearns and Hagler vs Mugabi.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                      I was going to say Hagler his power wasn't one punch KO but, it was very good and I've never seen him get backed up when trading. Just look at Hagler vs Hearns and Hagler vs Mugabi.
                      His power gets underrated.. If i'm not mistaken he has the highest KO percentage of all the middleweight champs.

Comment

Working...
                      X