No announcement yet.

Rip to Helen Dundee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip to Helen Dundee

The boxing world sends its condolences to legendary Hall of Fame trainer Angelo Dundee, whose beloved wife Helen died Thursday near their home in the Tampa area. She was 85 years old. Helen had suffered from various health problems in recent years. Angelo, who is recovering from hip surgery, has often said, “She is my toughest fighter.” Angelo and Helen would have celebrated their 59th wedding anniversary in February. They might have seemed an unlikely pair when they first met. Angelo, an Italian from South Philly, was working the grimy gyms of New York. The former Helen Bolton, a “southern belle” from North Carolina, was a fashion model in New York City. Their union flourished through the years. A funeral will be held on Thursday at the Sylvan Abbey Funeral Home, Sunset Point Road in Clearwater, Florida. The viewing will be from 4-6 p.m. Condolences to Angelo, their son Jimmy, daughter Terri, and the entire Dundee family.

Rip Helen

yeah sad stuff..... " she is my toughest fighter" made me well up a bit.

my thoughts and prayers go out to angelo and their family.

Comment

Yes very sad stuff

Comment

Very sad news. Condolences to Angelo Dundee and the rest of their family. He's one of the most celebrated trainers in history.

59 years of marriage. That is awesome.

RIP to Mrs. Helen Dundee

Comment

Vaya Con Dios, Helen. RIP.

Comment

Hey how do I get rep power? I always make commendable posts. I don't want people to think Im a troll because I have zero rep power.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
              Hey how do I get rep power? I always make commendable posts. I don't want people to think Im a troll because I have zero rep power.
              no offence but asking for it in this particular thread isn't really the best etiquette

Comment

R.I.P

50+ years of marriage is quite a feat

Comment

Working...
                X