No announcement yet.

All Roads Lead to Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Roads Lead to Mayweather

What are some possible scenarios for future Mayweather Opponents? I have listed some upcoming fights, in bracket/elimination form, which may set up possible opponents for Mayweather. I believe the rest of Mayweather's fights will be at 147, unless something big is at 154. Also, I don't doubt if there is a rematch somewhere down the line, against a previous opponent, in the name of big time money.

Golden Boy: 147 lb.
    Broner-Maidana
    Ortiz-Collazo

Alexander-Porter
    Thurman-Karass

Garcia-TBA
    Khan-TBA

Top Rank: 147 lb.
    Pacquiao-Bradley

Rematches: 154 lb.
    Canelo-Cotto

Khan Mayweather is next May 2014.

Then Mayweather Vs Bradley or Garcia in September of 2014.

Mayweather gonna take a paycut no matter who he faces in September unless it's Pac...

Comment

There is almost no doubt in my mind that Mayweather will fight Khan next. I am just as sure he won't fight any Top Rank fighters. Who he fights in his last three fights after Khan depends on what the best Golden Boy fighters and Cotto do. If Canelo and Cotto don't lose they might get rematches. Garcia might get a Mayweather fight. The Broner-Maidana winner might get the fight. I doubt Alexander or Ortiz will get a Mayweather fight because they don't bring in the money. Golden Boy will have to put all the Mayweather fights together. Floyd has made it clear he wil not allow Arum to be involved in his fights at all.

Comment

Working...
      X