No announcement yet.

Adalaide Byrd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adalaide Byrd

Adalaide Byrd seems to get a lot of stick over her scoring. Seen a lot of comments lately since she has been announced as judging Pac vs JMM 4

Personally I feel she is the best most unbiased judge in boxing and is a credit to the sport.

I am uncertain where the dislike has generated.

Okay she scored Trout v Cotto 119-109, I only gave Cotto 2 or 3 rounds myself and I am pretty sure those were swing-rounds that could of gone either way.

She scored Abril v Rios - 117-111 for Abril, that is great judging.

I've looked through most of her scoring and I genuinely can not see why people are against her judging.
    Adalaide Byrd 114-113 (Hopkins over Calzaghe) is the only card I can find where I could maybe see people questioning it, again, this was a close fight!

I see she has been judging in a few controversial fights, but her scorecards are always bang on. So why the hate?

She is probably the best in the business. I hope she doesn't make me look a kn0b now and hand some ridiculous scorecard in

That is one judge I have faith in.

She's the one who scored it 119-110?
    A little too wide.... she gets praise for the Abril fight though

Comment

Looking down her list, her scorecard is almost always the most extreme with the biggest variation.

Is she the "banker" judge?

Comment

As far as her cotto card, her score was too wide imo, seemingly watched the fight thru trout goggles. With that said, every round was close and competitive, so in that sense her scorecard was justifiable enough. But ya, trout goggles.

She may have just been conscious about the home field advantage for cotto, and made a conscious effort to not get caught up in that (crowd oohs and ahs, etc) but eventually went a little overboard.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          As far as her cotto card, her score was too wide imo, seemingly watched the fight thru trout goggles. With that said, every round was close and competitive, so in that sense her scorecard was justifiable enough. But ya, trout goggles.

She may have just been conscious about the home field advantage for cotto, and made a conscious effort to not get caught up in that (crowd oohs and ahs, etc) but eventually went a little overboard.

For the first 5-6 I felt the rounds was close but Trout pulled away in my eyes and dominated Cotto with the exception of I think round 10 which was competitive but I still felt Trout took it.
          I don't think her scorecard was that bad, 9-3 Trout is about the best I could of had it. Maybe I need to rewatch it myself but that is what I seen watching it live.

Comment

She scored David Haye vs. Wladimir Klitschko 117-109 in favour of the Kazakh boxer, when Haye clearly won the fight.

Comment

yea she got the right guys winning the fight. i think she just gave all the close rounds to Trout in that fight, which caused the wide score

there were close rounds in which Cotto did land the more clean blows but was clearly out worked

Comment

hey dan if im marquez im happy about byrd being the judge she seems to favor the boxer. I also like weisfield i havent seen a bad score card from him. not to sure about keane

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  For the first 5-6 I felt the rounds was close but Trout pulled away in my eyes and dominated Cotto with the exception of I think round 10 which was competitive but I still felt Trout took it.
                  I don't think her scorecard was that bad, 9-3 Trout is about the best I could of had it. Maybe I need to rewatch it myself but that is what I seen watching it live.
                  Personally, i thought the whole fight was competitive. Around the 6th round mark, cotto started backing up and boxing/countering off his back foot, and had success doing that. He wasnt running imo, but changed up his gameplan to try and have more success. Trout had success, and cotto had success. I kinda feel like alot of cotto's 'success' went unnoticed.

I just feel 119-109, although justifiable, is too wide.

Comment

I think, if anything, people are looking through Miguel Cotto-tinted glasses when scoring this fight. Yes it was a contest, yes some of the rounds were competitive, but it was never close. Austrin Trout was a clear and deserved winner.

Comment

Working...
                    X