The 18 Most Suppressed Inventions Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    nuclear > electricity > electric car

electric cars need a way to get electricity, most electricity is harnessed in coal power plants, which of course is a finite resource with only about 300 years left.

nuclear is 10000 times better than coal for a multitude of reasons. stupid people don't understand how little waste is produced and freak out for no reason.
    Stupid people don't how nuclear power plants are made. Stupid people don't understand how power plants are run. Stupid people don't understand the lifespan of nuclear reactors.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
      Stupid people don't how nuclear power plants are made. Stupid people don't understand how power plants are run. Stupid people don't understand the lifespan of nuclear reactors.
      nuclear is great.

it's the best alternative we have. once the coal goes.
      Last edited by Barn; 02-03-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

nuclear is great.

it's the best alternative we have. once the coal goes.
        Nuclear creates electricity (eventually). It will never replace oil.

Comment

Not to mention everything we use is made with oil.

Comment

Nuclear creates electricity (eventually). It will never replace oil.
            I thought oil was predicted to go before coal?

What do you think is the best thing once fossil fuels go? Obviously nothing can match them or we would be using it now.

Weighing everything up, even with radioactive waste, the 30 year lifetime (that's what i got when averaging various articles) of Nuclear plants it's still a lot better than all the renewable energy options available IMO.

I'm reading it's costly to set up and decommission a nuclear power plant but actually producing the energy for the 30 years its active is relatively cheap.

It's a cool debate I guess but Nuclear power is only going to develop and I think in the future it will improve quite a bit in terms of reliability, safety and efficiency.

Comment

I thought oil was predicted to go before coal?

What do you think is the best thing once fossil fuels go? Obviously nothing can match them or we would be using it now.

Weighing everything up, even with radioactive waste, the 30 year lifetime (that's what i got when averaging various articles) of Nuclear plants it's still a lot better than all the renewable energy options available IMO.

I'm reading it's costly to set up and decommission a nuclear power plant but actually producing the energy for the 30 years its active is relatively cheap.

It's a cool debate I guess but Nuclear power is only going to develop and I think in the future it will improve quite a bit in terms of reliability, safety and efficiency.
              It doesn't matter because oil is used to make everything. It's not just an energy source.

Comment

It doesn't matter because oil is used to make everything. It's not just an energy source.
                What do you see happening when we run out?

I didn't realise it played such an important part in food production and housing insulation.

I was aware of plastics being oil based and that's going to be bad when we run out of that.

Plus has anyone made an electric plane yet?

Comment

Probably be every man for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    sure we do. electricty. we need to figure out ways of producing it through means outside of burning finite fuels.

wind, sun, water, heat from the earth. it is not rocket science, mostly very powerful lobbying from the largest industry on the planet, energy (many of the largest companies in the world are oil companies.)
                    Do you drive an electric car?

Comment

Working...
                    X