Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Austin ''No Doubt'' Trout Make Cotto Quit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MVOLT View Post
    does he posses the tools to make cotto quit like margarito,pac, & mayweather did?
    Mayweather made Cotto quit?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Mayweather made Cotto quit?
      mentally yes

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
        so if anyone can make cotto quit why didnt clottey,foreman,mayroga,margarito,or mayweather make cotto quit?
        Quit boxing kid

Comment

Originally posted by MVOLT View Post
          mentally yes
          THats why he thought he won the fight n walked off pissed? lol

Comment

margarito and pacquiao made cotto quit. with those kinds of beatings who wouldn't? i mean seriously. pacquiao just landed 400 power shots all over cotto since cotto went fire to fire with him at early rounds. margarito, we dont know, maybe has brick in his hands, all those uppercuts. who wouldnt quit???

i really dont question cottos heart and will, he has it and if trout is nothing like the multi-angle and awkward pacquiao that cotto fought in 09 or the bricks fisted margarito with granite chin i dont think trout can make cotto quit. u have to apply relentless pressure to cotto all over his head to make him fold and i dont see trout having any kind of that game plan before. cotto is a better and more discipline boxer now and i expect him to win except if trout can box him and use his physical advantages well.

and plus, mayweather didnt make cotto quit at any point..
            i was actually expecting a semi-shutdown, glad cotto take it to him.. mayweather doesnt have the style at 154 to make anybody quit at all. hell marquez getting potshot clean didnt quit.

Comment

Quality* thread filled with quality* replies from quality* posters.

*Shit

Comment

Cotto did quit mentally in the Mayweather fight.

During the middle rounds Cotto saw how inferior his boxing skills were so he shut down mentally trying to win and fought to survive. He almost got KTFO in the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                  Cotto did quit mentally in the Mayweather fight.

During the middle rounds Cotto saw how inferior his boxing skills were so he shut down mentally trying to win and fought to survive. He almost got KTFO in the 12th.
                  I partially agree, It's like Cotto gave up. Similar to the way he gave up against Margarito except Mayweather didn't have the offense to put him away like Margarito did, although he almost did in the 12th round.

I can definitely see how some people think Cotto quit against Mayweather

Comment

Cotto has done some serious running and he has taken a knee to avoid punishment but he has never flat out quit. In the two fights he lost by KO the referee stopped the fight. Cotto did not refuse to continue the way Oscar did against Pacquiao and Ortiz did against Maidana. I voted no. Cotto would not quit. I think he will beat Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Cotto has done some serious running and he has taken a knee to avoid punishment but he has never flat out quit. In the two fights he lost by KO the referee stopped the fight. Cotto did not refuse to continue the way Oscar did against Pacquiao and Ortiz did against Maidana. I voted no. Cotto would not quit. I think he will beat Trout.
                      Well said. It's amazing the hate Cotto gets from people on this board. Mainly from Mexican posters, but when you call them out, they pull the race card on you and act like they're not being biased. It's funny cause if Cotto was Mexican he would be a "warrior" to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X