No announcement yet.

Any Kurosawa fans here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
    Surprised no one is mentioning Ikiru, which is clearly his best.
    Top five, definitely.

I also like Red Beard, good call, Grand Champ.

It's been a long while since I've seen Samurai, I need to watch that one again. That was in the pre-internet age, where you had to wait for this stuff to come on the TV.

The internet's great, isn't it? Maybe not for the estate of Kurosawa, but...

Comment

Surprisingly I've never gotten round to watching much Kurosawa. Wait for talip bin osman, I think he's a fan

Comment

I don't think I've ever watched a Kurosawa movie. I know he is legendary and all that, but can someone enlighten me as to why he is so outstanding?

Comment

I like the Hidden Fortress.

Comment

I have only seen Seven Samurai last month, all 3 and a half hours of it. Enjoyed it very much. (Kikuchiyo was ****ing badass as was that short, silent guy) This thread is making me want to watch some more.
            Which one should I watch next?

Comment

I'd go for the one I embedded on the first page. It's not an action piece, but... well... you'll see.

Comment

I imagine Seven Samurai is the one I remember most. Kurosawa was a great film maker. He influenced alot of my favorite westerns and many if the characters in them. Mifune was a top actor as well.
                Last edited by TBear; 09-25-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

To date the only movies I've seen of his are Seven Samurai and Ran. Both movies are great so I'll assume all the ones I haven't seen are good as well.

Comment

I'd say his first five movies are inessential, but from then on it's generally pretty solid, yeah. Though a lot of them aren't in the mould as the two you describe.

Comment

i love his older stuff. i'm a sucker for old samurai films and stuff with toshiro mifune, but his non-samurai films are killer too

seven samurai
                      ikiru
                      ras****n
                      red beard

Comment

Working...
                      X