Is The UFC Dying?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is The UFC Dying?

I hope so.

I can't think of anything sweeter then that. Not because I hate it so much, but because of the 5-6 years ago when all this "boxing is dead/dying" "boxing is being swallowed" "boxing is boring" talk started.

I admit. I'm bitter about that. They started that BS. Now 5-6 years later boxing is chugging along the same as it was, and UFC just bombed on UFC on fox 3 with some record low numbers for network tv, and they have seen decreases in attendances, ppvs, and ratings over the last 1-2 years.

yes it is & i'm glad...it's getting watered down & it's losing it's luster...

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
      I hope so.

I can't think of anything sweeter then that. Not because I hate it so much, but because of the 5-6 years ago when all this "boxing is dead/dying" "boxing is being swallowed" "boxing is boring" talk started.

I admit. I'm bitter about that. They started that BS. Now 5-6 years later boxing is chugging along the same as it was, and UFC just bombed on UFC on fox 3 with some record low numbers for network tv, and they have seen decreases in attendances, ppvs, and ratings over the last 1-2 years.
      We should be so lucky.....

Comment

I think it has hit a plateau in its popularity.

Gonna go find all the people told me it was going to replace boxing now

Comment

Saying MMA is going to replace Boxing is like saying Football is going to replace Basketball. It's 2 different sports. If you bought into any of that bull****, you're a ****ing ******...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Saying MMA is going to replace Boxing is like saying Football is going to replace Basketball. It's 2 different sports. If you bought into any of that bull****, you're a ****ing ******...
            i am pretty sure dana white was one of the catalysts....

Comment

I don't think it's dying but I don't think it's growing either. They built a solid fan base though, doubt it's going away. Not a big deal, don't like it, don't worry about it. I know as much about UFC as most UFC people know about boxing, basically not much.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                i am pretty sure dana white was one of the catalysts....
                Yeah, he's a douche and his front about liking boxing is fabricated and fake.

Comment

Dana White is a promoter, have you ever heard of a promoter that wasn't a scumbag?

Comment

UFC might fade, but MMA isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Nor should it. The form in which it is being "packaged" now is still relatively new.

Also, the majority of dudes who hopped on the UFC train weren't avid boxing fans anyway. For the most part, they cater to two different demographics.

10 years ago you couldn't find a school that taught and prepped its fighters specifically for MMA anywhere. You see them all the time now. As more youngins begin to get filtered into these schools, the amount of competition will improve and the sport will see a resurgence.

I've had the opportunity to train with a lot of these dudes and I have an enormous amount of respect for them. Its a difficult sport and it takes years to even get moderately good at it. With that said, its two completely different worlds. both boxers (or practitioners of any of the classical martial arts) and MMA guys realize it. And as of right now, I'm cool with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X