Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people not pushing Manny/Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because that fight is impossible to make.

Pac said he'd fight him at 150, but then he says no higher than 147. It's not even worth thinking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      Because that fight is impossible to make.

Pac said he'd fight him at 150, but then he says no higher than 147. It's not even worth thinking about.
      Correct .. but let's make sure that everyone knows that when you wrote "he" you meant Pacquiao.

The peasants like semantics and misdirection. Its pretty much all they've got.

Comment

• Floms really ignoring the fact after the Margarito fight, Pacquaio said he will never fight above 147 again.

Comment

• Originally posted by straightleft View Post
          Floms really ignoring the fact after the Margarito fight, Pacquaio said he will never fight above 147 again.
          Pacquiao was just trying to negotiate a fight at 150lbs and then when it looked like it might actually happen, Manny pussied out at the last moment ... just like he did with the USADA tests after releasing the "I will take any tests" video and then changed his tune.

Nothing is ignored. You just selectively remember.

Comment

• Nicamarvin calls Pac a coward about six times a day and you refer to him as a woman. The hate towards him from some guys really seems extreme. Maybe he struggled with Marquez because they are about the same size and Marquez is an all time great. Pac probably will have a hard time with Bradley because Bradley is one hell of a fighter. Please give me that long list of welterweights that would beat Bradley without a struggle. I think if he were fighting someone else you and Nicamarvin would be calling him a woman and a coward for ducking Bradley.

Comment

• I don't even care for this fight anymore as all Pacquiao would accomplish is getting knocked out. I can understand if he performed well/ dominated both Mosley and Marquez as he was expected to, but that didn't occur, I think we've all now realized how good Pacquiao is, even I got caught up in the myth, so again...I'm perfectly fine with this fight not happening. I can settle for Pacquiao-Khan, Berto, Ortiz, Peterson and Brad Solomon (I can dream?).

Comment

• Arum and Co. want Martinez to make 147 or something crazy, It'll never happen

Comment

• why push for if pac doesn't want to fight above 147-150 anymore? its like pushing martinez to fight andre Ward. neither guy has to go up anymore, pac has already moved up a ton of weight classes its pretty clear he's maxed out at welterweight.

Comment

• Brother Jay you are right, asking to fight for a tittle at a weight limit that is below the standard weight for that tittle is like saying " I need some help." . So Oscar made Hopkin fight at 158 or miss out on all that money. Mr. " everyone is afraid of me." Paul Williams refused to fight Martinez for the 160 lb. tittle unless the limit was lowered to 157. Ray Leonard made both Duran and Hearns fight him for the 168 lb. tittle at a top weight of 164 or miss a big payday. Leonard fought Don Lalonde for the light heavyweight tittle at a limit of 168. People get confused about the 3rd Pac vs. Marquez fight. It was actually Marquez who ask for and got a catchweight of 144. Pac's 147 lb tittle was the tittle they were fighting for. Marquez said "I need some help to win your tittle."

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Brother Jay you are right, asking to fight for a tittle at a weight limit that is below the standard weight for that tittle is like saying " I need some help." . So Oscar made Hopkin fight at 158 or miss out on all that money. Mr. " everyone is afraid of me." Paul Williams refused to fight Martinez for the 160 lb. tittle unless the limit was lowered to 157. Ray Leonard made both Duran and Hearns fight him for the 168 lb. tittle at a top weight of 164 or miss a big payday. Leonard fought Don Lalonde for the light heavyweight tittle at a limit of 168. People get confused about the 3rd Pac vs. Marquez fight. It was actually Marquez who ask for and got a catchweight of 144. Pac's 147 lb tittle was the tittle they were fighting for. Marquez said "I need some help to win your tittle."
                      SMH

THESE PEOPLE DID NOT HAVE HISTORIES OF DOING THIS, DOESNT MEAN IT WAS RIGHT... YOU WONT GET A DOUBLE STANDARD OUT OF ME, BUT THIS IS WHAT PAC DOES DAY IN AND DAY OUT.....CATCHWEIGHTS, OR OFF LOSSES...

Ray Leonard and these guys are so high above pac even mentioning them in with PAC IS BLASPHEMY.

It was actually Marquez who ask for and got a catchweight of 144. Pac's 147 lb tittle was the tittle they were fighting for. Marquez said "I need some help to win your tittle."
                      MAN YOU GUYS ARE TOO MUCH.

Werent you the same poster yesterday saying Pacquiao didnt have to fight Cotto at a weight he was comfortable at?? Well if thats the case, doesnt the same thing apply right now?

Are or you gonna tell me that Pacquiao was forced to agree to this catchweight by a man not even in the same division for his title???

LEMME CHECK SOMETHING OUT.

Marquez offered, Pacquiao obviously accepted and even allowed Marquez to get a fixed 1st round KO in before they met to fool the sheep....

Freedy Roach is on record recorded saying that they thought Marquez had lost a step and that age caught up with him.... LMAO!!! They admitted what you are defending...

Comment

Working...
                      X