No announcement yet.

Updated Ring rankings...Ortiz debuts as #3 WW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    then justify your claims that he has one of the best resumes out there?

based on who? Bika and Miranda?

really?
    Bika was a top 6 guy at SMW who honestly should have been in the super six himself.

I think that's an underrated win. Bika is a tough fight for any man.

But I agree his resume isn't as good as froch's but "pound 4 pound" isn't just always about resume it is about skill, look at nonito donaire he was very highly ranked before he beat montiel and only big name on his resume was Vic at the time.

it's purely opinion. I personally think ward is one of the best fighters but i'm not going to argue if someone wants to have froch on the top 10 instead.

Comment

lol why debate it, you believe what you believe, ever since his 12th fight he has name solid wins and names. Green and Bika both solid wins, Miranda was his mando. Domination of Kessler. How can you discredit his resume, Froch is not top ten because he lost to Kessler, if he had beat Kessler then you have an argument. Is his Taylor win that impressive, getting outboxed and Taylor did his usual gas out, with his weak chin. Pascal name is big on his resume now because of his win over Dawson. AA is nice, Dirrell got there first, when ward beats him, Froch and Dirrell will have gotten there first, also. and considering the p4p ranking are based on recent wins and boxing ability Ward >>>>> Froch. if Froch would had beat Kessler and was above Ward I would have no argument
      Last edited by J Dubb II 330; 04-19-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

It's an obvious Donaire type situation....he's so high because of his skills, but I hate seeing fighters like froch get *****es on

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
          I have no problem with the top 5, but wonjongkam should not be on that list, and ward should be higher than segura and klitchsko
          Why not?

I think he absolutely deserves to be on that list.

Comment

ain't no one ****ting on Froch I agree about his resume, he should had beat Kessler, But skill wise ward >>>> Froch and that's why he is there

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Why not?

I think he absolutely deserves to be on that list.
              Yes I completely agree

Just because he is unknown in the US and most of the world doesn't mean he isn't great

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                It's an obvious Donaire type situation....he's so high because of his skills, but I hate seeing fighters like froch get *****es on
                froch is a good fighter...but simply put, his run as of late has not been as impressive as many ppl make it out to be. like what was stated earlier, resume is not the only thing that determines p4p. its one of many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Yes I completely agree

Just because he is unknown in the US and most of the world doesn't mean he isn't great
                  It's a shame he has only become an addition to the P4P list when he is looking like he is on the decline.

For me, he deserved to be in the Top 10 P4P list for a while now. But, atleast he has been added now regardless to the fact it looks as if his career may not last much longer.

But as of right now, he absolutely should be on that list.

Comment

wonjongkam last 3 opponents 1-2, 0-2 and 1-3,6 fights before that he fought 3 boxers debuting in a row and right before that fought a 0-1,maybe at one time but come on

Comment

I despise Carl Froch, I really do. Have done his entire career.

But, he has the best resume at 168 right now. And certainly has a better resume than Andre Ward right now. I like Andre Ward much more, but he most definitely has a weaker resume than Froch at this moment in time.

Froch deserves to be on the P4P list more than Ward. And if I'm saying that, considering the sheer hate I have for Carl Froch, it really must be true

Comment

Working...
                      X