No announcement yet.

Excellent article on Archie Moore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent article on Archie Moore

Part one of a very long article by Tom Hauser. It focuses on his life up to winning the title. Lots of great insights by Moore and others from that era.

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-l...sited-part-one

yes it a great article thanks for sharing

Comment

Great, great article.

Archie Moore is one of the greatest fighter's of all time, no question.

Shame their were no words from Harold Johnson who was certainly one of his greatest Rivals.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Great, great article.

Archie Moore is one of the greatest fighter's of all time, no question.

Shame their were no words from Harold Johnson who was certainly one of his greatest Rivals.
        Well this was just part one, so there still is a chance. Moore did fight Johnson after he won the title. I'll post part two as soon as I see it.

Comment

Nice article Scott. We can never hear too much about The Mongoose!

On a side note,
          I question Hausers opinion that boxrec is more accurate than the Ring record book.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            Nice article Scott. We can never hear too much about The Mongoose!

On a side note,
            I question Hausers opinion that boxrec is more accurate than the Ring record book.
            I'm glad you mentioned that. I do as well. Box-rec is careful not to list fights they can't verify. But that doesn't mean that they didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              I'm glad you mentioned that. I do as well. Box-rec is careful not to list fights they can't verify. But that doesn't mean that they didn't happen.
              I have made many corrections at boxrec nearly always supported by video proof. I don't blame boxrec for the mis-information, I would rather question the people entering the info in the first place. I have many professional fights on video that just don't exist there and several fight cards where they have the card separated on different dates and/or different locations. It is also not rare to find an unimportant undercard bout with a completely wrong result.

That beng said, I do admit it is the best online source for information on the web. And though at times I am concerned of the accuracy, I depend on the site many times a day.

Sorry, don't mean to sidetrack the thread. Archie Moore deserves better than this.

Comment

Archie Moore part 2 and 3

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/sub-le...sited-part-two

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-l...ted-part-three

Comment

Working...
                X