Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen "breadman" Edwards gives his take on the Pac/JMM PED contraversy.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen "breadman" Edwards gives his take on the Pac/JMM PED contraversy.

Source: Btalk mailbag reply

Sometimes when you do side by side comparisons, you subconsciously try to make different circumstances the same. But if I must put them side by side then I will.
    Before I start let me say this. I try to base my stance on facts and strong logical opinion. I only enter my logical opinion when there are no facts to stand on.

Now let’s go side by side. I did not hear one person accuse Manny Pacquiao of PED use until Team Mayweather started openly picking against him AFTER he rose in weight and became the face of boxing. In each of his fights somebody from Floyd’s family would say Manny was going to lose. After he destroyed his opponents, then more whispers would start.

When your main accuser is your rival it gives the accusations less credence. In my opinion these accusations took a life of their own and everything Manny did or didn’t do became magnified. If he scored a brutal KO he was a PED user, if he went the distance then he was cycling off.

I personally never saw a huge change in Manny’s body or performances. As you cut less weight and become older you put slightly more mass on. But besides a small % of mass, I didn’t see a huge difference in Pacquiao. Although let me point out, a fighter has a right to improve and it doesn’t have to be because of the cheating.

Now let's go side by side. Although Freddie Roach made an unwarranted comment about Marquez, Team Pacquiao did not go on a crusade to discredit him. Pacquiao as always acted like a great sportsman and accepted his defeat. He’s also willing to fight Marquez no matter what. Some feel that Mayweather didn’t want to fight Pacquiao and the drug testing was just a ploy to not fight. When Manny has accepted blood testing against Mayweather, the original 50/50 offer is no longer valid. So that particular fact, gives that train of thought some credence.

While I refuse to condemn Marquez or Pacquiao, there have been many more suspicious circumstances surrounding Marquez. I didn’t make these things up, but when I’m asked I will discuss them. For one I didn’t want to bet on the fight because I kept hearing about PED use.

I ask people close to camps how fighters look before I make a public bet. I was hearing that both guys were looking great but Marquez was looking freakish. Knocking speed bags off the swivels, brutalizing sparring partners and not taking off his shirt much because the freakishly bulging muscles might look suspicious. Kim, I had to factor those things in, especially when I’m betting MY money.

Now Kim I have defended Marquez on several fronts, but I do discuss the totality of the circumstances and I did factor these things in before I decided NOT to bet on the fight. In fact my sources were 100% accurate in their assessment of Marquez’s freakish punching power leading into this fight. I have never heard so many PED rumors before a fight. There is no way we can overlook that Marquez looks less physically imposing in between Pacquiao fights, than he does for the Pacquiao fights. There is no way we can dismiss how flabby Marquez looked against Floyd in 2009 and how awesome he looked against Pacquiao in 2012. I am not implying or inferring anything, that’s just what it is.

Sure it could be natural. I personally walk around at about 210. Last year I ate everything my fighter eats before a fight, I ran and swam. No ballistic training and nothing special. I went down to 189 in 30 days and I got extremely cut. I am a few years younger than Marquez so I know with muscle confusion and super hard work great transformations can take place. But Marquez hired a strength coach, Memo Heredia who has changed his name after admittedly helping Olympians use PEDS-- it’s public record that he was not only a PED supplier but a “cooperating government witness”. In the hood you know what we call that.

Kim, it would be irresponsible to not talk about everything. So under the law, Marquez is clean until proven dirty. But there are some dubious circumstances that surround him. Will you agree?

On top of that in this business sometimes people with a platform can’t SAY everything they KNOW. Read what I’m about to say closely. There is a reason why Jim Lampley made the statement he made on his boxing show 2 weeks ago. Listen to him closely….

There is a reason why he mentioned VADA and no other testing agency. There is a reason why HBO purposely exposed Memo on the 24/7. We have to use OUR common sense Kim and take emotion out of it. There is a reason for all of these subtle insinuations.

So if you think I’m implying that Marquez is on something, I am NOT. I am openly suggesting that the “powers that be” are doing and saying certain things because they know a lot more than they say.

One more thing. This is a challenge to both Marquez and Pacquiao. If they want people to believe they are clean athletes, indulge in VADA testing immediately. Not when the fight gets announced or what have you. But immediately. Turn in all of your supplements and vitamins to VADA and allow them to be inspected. Be proactive and NOT reactive. Both of you great fighters.

It’s getting lame to say I will take whatever test they want me to take. We all know it doesn’t work like that. VADA has a V in it for a reason. Voluntarily is the word. So go volunteer for these test or the suspicion will always be there.

who is stephen edwards?

Comment

I guess. I mean with all the controversy surrounding Pacman I find it ironic that Marquez is now being dragged in the mud by those that supported Pacman.

Neither tested positive so that's the end of that. (By the logic used to defend Pacman), of course.

Comment

Too long. Not reading that.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          who is stephen edwards?
          He works for B-Talk and is also a boxing trainer. I love reading his articles. One of the most knowledgeable boxing people today.

Comment

That was one of the best articles and views on the situation.

Breadman makes great points and is pretty logical and unbiased in his reasoning.

He thinks just like me and other rational boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              He works for B-Talk and is also a boxing trainer. I love reading his articles. One of the most knowledgeable boxing people today.
              really ? ..thanks , will read the article then

Comment

I'm a pac fan but people need to stop with this PED ****. Pac refused to take tests before and now, us pac fans should be the last accusing JMM about PED use. STFU and take the loss like a man like pac did.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                  absolutely....of course there isn't 100% proof to say marquez used PEDs...but if you're not slightly suspicious (given all the different circumstances) that something illegal might have went on in marquez's camp then you're either lying to yourself or just delusional.
                  Dude marquez has not tested positive. We are not in the position to accuse JMM of that **** because we defended pac when pac refused to testing. And I`m a pac fan for life but this **** is getting lame. get over it. Marquez will always have pac`s number.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                    absolutely....of course there isn't 100% proof to say marquez used PEDs...but if you're not slightly suspicious (given all the different circumstances) that something illegal might have went on in marquez's camp then you're either lying to yourself or just delusional.
                    While I hate belaboring this topic, you're absolutely correct. It's unfortunate that Marquez would make such associations. He's such a hard working, admirable guy. But, I'd simply be lying to myself if I said this didn't look suspect. Sometimes, you have to place truth above fanaticism.

Comment

Working...
                    X