Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh, Broner is alright, but I think it is way too soon to be calling him the next fighter of the decade. I guess we'll just have to keep watching boxing to find out but my money would be on Kimbo Slice for now.

Comment

Originally posted by L. Cipher View Post
      Wasn't there a news story on here a while back about Broner whoopin' Linares' ass sparring and Freddie having to stop the session a couple rounds early?

Broner vs Linares is a good fight and one that'll prolly go down before too long, and IMO it'll end up a Broner KO
      Why would Broner be in Roach's gym? Doesn't he train in Ohio or some ****? And if he was and I was Roach I'd put him vs Pacquiao instead just cause he reminds you so much of Mayweather .
      Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 03-16-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Lol WTF are people high? How would Linares beat Broner? Demarco just beat his ass and Demarco isn't anything special.

Comment

I'm not 100% yet. But if he fights at this pace (3 times a year) for the majority of this decade, and he convincingly beats all of the top opposition from 130-147, then he'll probably make a strong case for FOTD.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
            im calling it now.....anyone doubt me?
            I'll reserve judgement until he gets in there consistently with top competition. IMO a bit too early to judge.

Gary Russel Jr is another I'd watch too.

Comment

Originally posted by porknchili View Post
              Meh, Broner is alright, but I think it is way too soon to be calling him the next fighter of the decade. I guess we'll just have to keep watching boxing to find out but my money would be on Kimbo Slice for now.
              He's better than alright, the dude can box. I agree though it's too soon to be calling him boxer of the decade but if he continues to improve, the sky is the limit for him.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Why would Broner be in Roach's gym? Doesn't he train in Ohio or some ****? And if he was and I was Roach I'd put him vs Pacquiao instead just cause he reminds you so much of Mayweather .
                He trains in the 4-Corners for most of his fights now, at Fort Carson in Colorado Springs.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  I'll reserve judgement until he gets in there consistently with top competition. IMO a bit too early to judge.

Gary Russel Jr is another I'd watch too.
                  Gary Russell Jr, Adrien Broner, Andre Ward, Thomas Dulorme, Timothy Bradley, Nonito Donaire, those are the guys I would bet on. I still think Jorge Linares could end up being great. He'll beat DeMarco in the rematch no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
                    Lol WTF are people high? How would Linares beat Broner? Demarco just beat his ass and Demarco isn't anything special.
                    And Ponce beat Broner...Linares would just run and box on the backfoot...Broner is slow, not accurate, and only throws one punch at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                      a lot slower? His original weight class is 130lbs.

Pac has moved up 8 weight classes and is still fast as lightening. Do you really believe that him moving up 1 or 2 weight classes will negate his speed significantly?

Since you mentioned Linares.....when is he going to avenge those beat downs from Salgado & DeMarco?

Broner would beat Linares IMO.
                      Pac is a genetic mutant...not only that, but Broner was already too slow in his last fight...he's gonna be WAAY slower when he moves up cuz he's already slow now..LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X