Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neutral Corner: Honest observation on Ortiz (regarding him being groomed)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral Corner: Honest observation on Ortiz (regarding him being groomed)

I think it's beyond obvious the persona that GBP is building up for Ortiz. Playing the 'victimized' angle at all times, rags to riches, a true warrior. One of the things that really has me scratching my head is how he used to speak more, hmmm, effeminately, and I CLEARLY recall that he himself said, with his own lips, that he knows people say he sounds like a f@g. I only wish I could remember where exactly he said this.

So from one day to another he has a much more masculine tone, and his diction and just overall demeanor has changed dramatically.

GBP is grooming him into something that he clearly isn't, just look at him...he couldn't hold back all those smiles after he got KOd. I've never seen a boxer so giddy, EVER.

The adage, "in the ring, the truth will find you", holds A LOT of weight.

Comment

Dan Rafael (12:30 PM)

Cortez did EXACTLY what he has done a million times. He motioned with his arms to fight -- the universal sign to fight - AND he clearly said "Let's go" which can be heard on the video. It was obvious the fight was re-started. Should he have looked away? No, but it did not change anything. He was checking with the time keeper to make sure the clock had restarted. In fact, I am told by the commission that from the time the clock was restarted after the time out eight seconds elapsed before Mayweather knocked him out. Victor's fault.

Comment

I can't stand how fake Ortiz is, and how Golden Boy tries to force his fake image down our throats. It's very obvious and annoying. The kid is simply lacking a fighter's mentality, and that will stand in his way every time he gets the chance to show he's elite.

Comment

He was going to be the new Oscar before Maidana taxed that ass

everybody knew this. His image is fake. **** it

it sells

Comment

I have always felt weird in the way Oscar talks about Ortiz. The look he gets...
            I mean the guy has some strange thing with Ortiz.

0:47: look at the way Oscar looks at him.
            Looking at someones lips is a indicator of attraction.
            Also watch when Oscar hugs Ortiz from behind and kiss him on the neck. WTF

Comment

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
              I think it's beyond obvious the persona that GBP is building up for Ortiz. Playing the 'victimized' angle at all times, rags to riches, a true warrior. One of the things that really has me scratching my head is how he used to speak more, hmmm, effeminately, and I CLEARLY recall that he himself said, with his own lips, that he knows people say he sounds like a f@g. I only wish I could remember where exactly he said this.

So from one day to another he has a much more masculine tone, and his diction and just overall demeanor has changed dramatically.

GBP is grooming him into something that he clearly isn't, just look at him...he couldn't hold back all those smiles after he got KOd. I've never seen a boxer so giddy, EVER.
              It is almost the same with Oscar. He has always had a effeminate voice and demeanor but up a fake persona to hide it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Dan Rafael (12:30 PM)

Cortez did EXACTLY what he has done a million times. He motioned with his arms to fight -- the universal sign to fight - AND he clearly said "Let's go" which can be heard on the video. It was obvious the fight was re-started. Should he have looked away? No, but it did not change anything. He was checking with the time keeper to make sure the clock had restarted. In fact, I am told by the commission that from the time the clock was restarted after the time out eight seconds elapsed before Mayweather knocked him out. Victor's fault.
                actually, go watch some more fights officiated by cortez, he usually motions fighters together(says lets go) turns to start the time keeper and finally gives a final motion and STEPS THE **** AWAY, to let the fighter commence

all right here:

"alright, lets go, time in, *steps away*"

Comment

Originally posted by r ! z View Post

To be honest it happens more than you think, when your brain short circuts like that its called shock alot of people look like that when they get dropped like that.

I am still not so sure that this was actually legal, though Cortez said he called time in, He never said TIME IN, Lets go is not part of the code of conduct for a referee...
                  and you dont have to take my word the information is there at www.abcboxing.com
                  research the protocal yourself, and these are unified rules and the referees code of conduct are federal...

Comment

Working...
                  X