Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when Ortiz vs Pacquiao was the fight to see at 140.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when Ortiz vs Pacquiao was the fight to see at 140.

I know there was a buzz going for this right before the Maidana debacle. I was hoping to see it back then, but it's kinda crazy how this fight may end up being the best fight for Manny at WW if Floyd doesn't come back.

I say this because after Maidana, I thought we would never see this fight.

Comment

The fight I wanted to see was PAC vs Juan Diaz.

Comment

What??? against baby bull?? He is never or never will be in that that level. Ask marquez, he will tell you. lol

Comment

Originally posted by gapo View Post
          What??? against baby bull?? He is never or never will be in that that level. Ask marquez, he will tell you. lol
          There was one point in time where Pacquiao vs Diaz was the fight to be made.

Where it would have been fireworks. You probably would have known this if you were watching boxing before Dec 6, 2008.

Comment

I don't think there's really any viable opponents out there for him besides Mayweather or Sergio, he's on a whole new level than the top 140 pounders. I don't think Ortiz vs Pac will happen any time soon as well unless Top Rank and GBP bury the hatchet.

Berto's no longer an option, Cotto should fight Marg, I think Pac is just too strong and good for JMM now days so really Mayweather is the only real option out there. Pac says there's 3-4 fights left out there for him I'm very curious to see who he has in mind, I hope Ortiz gets a few fights at WW before even thinking about facing Pac.

Comment

Juan "Baby Fat" Diaz was always a hypejob. You could just look at him physically and tell that he was a freakin joke. Anyone who knew anything about boxing could see that Pac would destroy him. The best fight for Pac at 140 was Ricky Hatton. He got that fight and sent him into retirement. Hatton was the 140 lineal champ and Pac destroyed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                Juan "Baby Fat" Diaz was always a hypejob. You could just look at him physically and tell that he was a freakin joke. Anyone who knew anything about boxing could see that Pac would destroy him. The best fight for Pac at 140 was Ricky Hatton. He got that fight and sent him into retirement. Hatton was the 140 lineal champ and Pac destroyed him.
                Again if you were watching boxing before Dec 6, 2008 there is no way you would call Diaz a hype job.

LOL @ late 2007/early 2008 Hatton being the best fight for Pac. Especially over Juan Diaz.

My goodness you're an idiot. Just post on subjects that you know about. Subject that are post Dec 6 2008. And, maybe you wouldn't look like such a dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  I'm talking about the time frame after Ortiz destroy Arnaoutis and right before he got crushed by Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by gapo View Post
                    I can tell you just started watching boxing LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X