Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Ortiz had the best chance of beating Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first round was slow, not much happened. But Floyd landed 4-5 right hands that won him the round.

The second, Ortiz had his moments here and there. But Floyd still controlled most of the round and landed his punches. Floyd took this round, though it was fairly competitive.

The third, Mayweather whupped Ortiz and was tagging him at will often.

The fourth, Mayweather was whupping Ortiz most of the round, aside from about 5-10 seconds in the round where he landed a couple punches and got Floyd on the ropes. Floyd was winning this round.

Ortiz doesn't have enough elements to his game to beat Floyd.

Comment

With his boxing ability and physical advantages, Ortiz can beat any one from 140-154. Where he is mentally, Ortiz can lose to everybody from 140-154.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        With his boxing ability and physical advantages, Ortiz can beat any one from 140-154. Where he is mentally, Ortiz can lose to everybody from 140-154.
        Lmmfao! True..

Comment

I think you are one of very few people that think this. I think Floyd is an easy winner over Ortiz. I already saw this fight and the only damage Ortiz did to Floyd was with intentional headbutts that would make a billy goat jealous. Alvarez, Pacquiao, Guerrero and Marquez would all beat Ortiz. These guys don't quit and they don't choke when the pressure is on. Ask Lopez. He fought Ortiz and then fought Alvarez in his next fight. Lopez said Alvarez was a much better fighter than Ortiz in every way. After his last two fights there is no way Ortiz gets a rematch with Floyd anyway.

Comment

He weighed 14 pounds more than mayweather and he sucked donkey balls. His pressure was completely ineffective and floyd even slipped some of his earlier attempts at head butts.

Canelo has a way better chance than ortiz. Way better.

Comment

Ortiz couldn't beat off without giving up first.

Ortiz was for a long time the most overrated fighter on these boards in the post-Paul Williams era. You must be some remnant from that.

Comment

Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  well, that's pretty sad then
                  What he said.

Comment

His boxing ability isnt that good if he is missing the majority of the punches he throws. He simply isnt that good. If he was having decent success and then folded under the pressure of a big fight then I could understand your statement but he isnt that skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
                      Floyd turns it up in the later rounds and ortiz face was already showing damage in 4
                      that cause mayweather inject that ice cold numbness in his fist. with out that he be a paulie malignaggi.

Comment

Working...
                      X