No announcement yet.

Good horror films

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Good horror films

Any recommendations? Not low budget or first person handheld camera rubbish.

I have seen so many (thousands) and not even sure why I am drawn to them because frankly most are junk.

I preferably want something like The Possession/Exorcist or The Conjuring. Not really into slashers and that.

Some of the better ones I can recall from recent memory for those stuck in the same boat as me; The Conjuring is predictable, unoriginal but its fairly decent, worth a watch.

All Hallows Eve is corny yet creepy as. Its unintentionally funny, probably more a comedy horror.

The Collection; sequel of The Collector. If you enjoyed Saw you will love this. Same thing but with a pure bad ass serial killer, a lot of twists and a great ending.

Dead Silence.
    The haunting in Connecticut 1 & 2.
    Zombieland - Decent enough comedy horror.
    Open Grave - Seen a lot of bad reviews but I really enjoyed this one and felt it was really different.
    Stake Land - Hate vampire movies but I enjoyed this.
    Dog Soldiers - Bad ass film.

Ones too avoid.

Carrie remake - Sheer cringe-inducing.
    Innkeepers - Got over an hour into it and absolutely nothing happened apart from two berks working in an alleged haunted hotel. Most drawn out rubbish ever! Suffering from insomnia? There is the cure!
    Evil Dead remake - Not a patch on the original. The original, Exorcist & Dog Soldiers thrown together and somehow it ended up dire. Ignore the high ratings, 4/10 at best.

Comment

Have you watched Sinister?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
        Have you watched Sinister?
        You beat me to it. That's actually the best horror film of 2013 IMO.

Comment

28 days later
          the descent
          shaun of the dead
          saw 1-2/3

Comment

Pretty sure I've seen Sinister. Just watched the trailer and remember certain scenes rather vividly. Will check it out and see.
            Thanks.

Comment

oh and "you're next" aint bad

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                28 days later
                the descent
                shaun of the dead
                saw 1-2/3

Seen all of those. I enjoyed 28 days later and absolutely hated The Descent.

I like all the Saw films, The Collector & The Collection are by the same creators and both every bit as good.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                  oh and "you're next" aint bad

Watched that just the other night and yeah that was okay actually. Reminded me a little bit of The Purge in places.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Seen all of those. I enjoyed 28 days later and absolutely hated The Descent.

I like all the Saw films, The Collector & The Collection are by the same creators and both every bit as good.

Thanks anyway
                    i saw the collection movie, now that was a good horror film, like you said, not many good films in the genre

Comment

Working...
                    X