Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the best fighter since Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=JAB5239;12407924]

Call Ruiz boring, but his resume speaks for itself. His opponents are better than Vitaly's and Right up there with Wlads. This means if you consider anything the Klits have done impressive you should be 10x more impressed with Jones beating Ruiz.

Your memory is shit because what I said is that if there is no film of a fighter I use articles from the day. I'll gladly put my top 10 list up on any division against yours and explain why I came to the conclusions of each fighters ranking. Both you and I know you won't step to the plate for that challenge though, will you?

Whats you point? Neither Klit has been able to beat a great in their own division and have lost to fighters who will never sniff the HOF. Should that be overlooked and we just give them extra credit because you like them a real, real lot!?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=368747

Anything else you should look up yourself before opening your mouth about things you don't know about.

And you're welcome.

Why do you keep bringing up Whitaker? The thread is "Who is the best fighter SINCE Whitaker".

Jones beating Ruiz is one of the most overhyped/overrated fights in Boxing history.

As for your list you can't accurately put it up there with just an article. It's just dumb and biased. I also explained to you how some fights on an article look spectacular and end up being a snoozefest. Example: Ali vs Liston 2

Because they dominate and they give no one a chance to be decent. Look how people hyped Haye into a messiah and only came up empty handed. What did they do? They started downgrading the win so they can hate on Wlad more. It's like people from the western world are threaten by someone else from the eastern side(who we have hated for many many years) to be great.

I didn't know you posted **** about Jones but I will read it up.

Cause people have compared him to being better than him. Duh!?!

Comment

[QUOTE][QUOTE=Mr. Fantastic;12407967]
      Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Jones beating Ruiz is one of the most overhyped/overrated fights in Boxing history.

I know, because it was done so often before and since, right?

As for your list you can't accurately put it up there with just an article. It's just dumb and biased. I also explained to you how some fights on an article look spectacular and end up being a snoozefest. Example: Ali vs Liston 2

What does this have to do with what we're talking about? If you'd like to challenge any list Im willing to make than start a separate thread about it and lets do it. Oh and by the way, Ali-Liston 2 was a first round ko and one of the most controversial and talked about fights in history. If thats a "snoozefest" as you so eloquently put it, what is it when Wlad fights, a funeral gathering?

Because they dominate and they give no one a chance to be decent. Look how people hyped Haye into a messiah and only came up empty handed. What did they do? They started downgrading the win so they can hate on Wlad more. It's like people from the western world are threaten by someone else from the eastern side(who we have hated for many many years) to be great.
      Here we go with the BS. Fighters can fight each other to build a rep before getting beat by a Klit. That doesn't happen so they never build themselves up to truly be worthy. And Haye was an ok win, Wlad is criticized for being to scared to go for the kill against a fighter to scared to engage. You can say Haye ran all night, I'll just counter with Wlad refused to go to the body and slow him down. And quit with the western/eastern thing. I already had a poll about that and it was a landslide that what you're saying is not true.

I didn't know you posted **** about Jones but I will read it up.
      If course you didn't, and in all honesty I don't expect you to know about everything I post. But don't come at me with some assumption trying to make some kind of point, ask me about it. Because more times than not I have had the discussion on this forum or another already.
      Cause people have compared him to being better than him. Duh!?!

So discuss that with them and stay on track here.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;12408016][QUOTE]
        Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post

I know, because it was done so often before and since, right?

What does this have to do with what we're talking about? If you'd like to challenge any list Im willing to make than start a separate thread about it and lets do it. Oh and by the way, Ali-Liston 2 was a first round ko and one of the most controversial and talked about fights in history. If thats a "snoozefest" as you so eloquently put it, what is it when Wlad fights, a funeral gathering?

Here we go with the BS. Fighters can fight each other to build a rep before getting beat by a Klit. That doesn't happen so they never build themselves up to truly be worthy. And Haye was an ok win, Wlad is criticized for being to scared to go for the kill against a fighter to scared to engage. You can say Haye ran all night, I'll just counter with Wlad refused to go to the body and slow him down. And quit with the western/eastern thing. I already had a poll about that and it was a landslide that what you're saying is not true.

If course you didn't, and in all honesty I don't expect you to know about everything I post. But don't come at me with some assumption trying to make some kind of point, ask me about it. Because more times than not I have had the discussion on this forum or another already.

So discuss that with them and stay on track here.

Ali vs Liston was boring as hell and Liston did me a favor by staying down. Wlad has ran at times and I have called him the same for it. No bias here bro. I see what you're trying to do but it won't work.

I don't especially with stuff that goes on outside a boxing forum. But I was correct with you trying to justify greatness with articles with people you have not seen fight.

Son Wlad outclassed the hell out of Haye. Easily!! He BOXED. Like I said he has ran at times like a *****. I don't deny that. If I can call out my favorite boxers on it I sure as hell can on others.

It is a Wester/Eastern thing...you're being naive. Polls from here have lost much credibility. Besides you're a smart one, you can make a poll with the same idea but different wordings and have a different result. You know it as well as I do.

I rather discuss boxing with you than most people on here. You're a lot more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          ooooooh...that's a tough one...its pretty close but i'll go with Adrien Broner

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            What do you guys think?
            floyd
            roy
            bhop
            manny

Comment

[QUOTE][QUOTE=Mr. Fantastic;12408033]
              Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Ali vs Liston was boring as hell and Liston did me a favor by staying down. Wlad has ran at times and I have called him the same for it. No bias here bro. I see what you're trying to do but it won't work.
              My man, Ali-Liston 2 lasted less than a round. It wasn't Hagler-Hearns, but how can this not be exciting to ANY boxing fan?

I don't especially with stuff that goes on outside a boxing forum. But I was correct with you trying to justify greatness with articles with people you have not seen fight.
              It has nothing to do with what we're talking about here, but yes I've spent thousands of hours reading books and old newspaper articles about fighters like Harry Greb, who there is no film of. I've also spent much of that time watching his opponents who are on film to come to my conclusions. I never saw Abe Lincoln, but I know he was a great president. Information CAN be pieced together if you take the time and are willing. Unfortunately most are unwilling to put that time in and find it easier to just dismiss what they cannot see. We can't see the wind, does that mean it can't be a hurricane?

Son Wlad outclassed the hell out of Haye. Easily!! He BOXED. Like I said he has ran at times like a *****. I don't deny that. If I can call out my favorite boxers on it I sure as hell can on others.

He did outclass him easily. But it was boring, he was unwilling to take chances, and if you call any fight boring but this one decent to watch than you have a screw loose.

It is a Wester/Eastern thing...you're being naive. Polls from here have lost much credibility. Besides you're a smart one, you can make a poll with the same idea but different wordings and have a different result. You know it as well as I do.
              Come on now my friend, you know that poll was worded in such a way that it did speak of ANY nationalities. People drew there own conclusions, that is all.

I rather discuss boxing with you than most people on here. You're a lot more fun.

I like you to bro, just like I like Jimmy. Seems we'll never find much common ground about boxing, but its not taken personally amongst us. Thats always cool with me.

Comment

Roy Jones by miles, and p4p he's actually an even better fighter than Whitaker

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                  Roy Jones by miles, and p4p he's actually an even better fighter than Whitaker
                  should rjj's ped/over the counter stimulant use factor into your rankings?

Just asking seriously not trolling, hating or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    should rjj's ped/over the counter stimulant use factor into your rankings?

Just asking seriously not trolling, hating or anything else.
                    not at all, Roy didn't need anything extra
                    Reedickyaluss has the lowdown on that
                    it's for him what "the facts" are for that Klit guy
                    Roy didn't really do anything skullduggerous

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      not at all, Roy didn't need anything extra
                      Reedickyaluss has the lowdown on that
                      it's for him what "the facts" are for that Klit guy
                      Roy didn't really do anything skullduggerous
                      ok. didn't for me either but I'm sure someone will reference it.

Comment

Working...
                      X