Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Arreola at age 35 the worst HW world title opponent ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    still think Martin is worse but current Arreola is bad too.

how are these guys getting title shots anyway?
    They're managed by Al Haymon

but I've heard he's running out of money

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      They're managed by Al Haymon

but I've heard he's running out of money
      the wbc belt has become a joke and the ibf belt is on its way to becoming a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        They could easily have found someone better than Arreola. Many heavyweights want to fight Wilder.

Povetkin never tested positive for steroids. He showed a tiny trace of a recently-banned substance (which is NOT a steroid), a supplement which he took when it was legal. Later, he tested clean. WADA has since decided the amount - much less than a microgram - is not significant. Povetkin did not cheat.
        Agreed on all points.

Lets give Wilder a pass on this one and see who he faces going forward if he beats Arreola which lets be honest is certainly no forgone conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          the wbc belt has become a joke and the ibf belt is on its way to becoming a joke
          Since Vitali vacated and Wilder picked it up with this succession of extremely poor match ups I would be inclined to agree, the heavyweight IBF too being contested by guys like Martin and Barry Brazil or whatever his name was that too has begun to appear a mockery of a title. I do however feel all the ill will guys like AJ and Wilder heap on themselves can prove the doubters wrong with their next match ups, Wilder especially as he hasn't fought a mandatory in over 18 months now I believe. If AJ and Wilder face Parker and Povetkin respectively next I'll give them their props even though they've the milked the shyt outta those paper trinkets Wilder especially.

You really can not knock AJ without knocking Wilder.

Comment

You better give Chris credit when he knocks out Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
              Since Vitali vacated and Wilder picked it up with this succession of extremely poor match ups I would be inclined to agree, the heavyweight IBF too being contested by guys like Martin and Barry Brazil or whatever his name was that too has begun to appear a mockery of a title. I do however feel all the ill will guys like AJ and Wilder heap on themselves can prove the doubters wrong with their next match ups, Wilder especially as he hasn't fought a mandatory in over 18 months now I believe. If AJ and Wilder face Parker and Povetkin respectively next I'll give them their props even though they've the milked the shyt outta those paper trinkets Wilder especially.

You really can not knock AJ without knocking Wilder.
              Tbf, it was Povs fault the fight never happened. The issue is, there were far better opponents available than Arreola, which is a joke.

In terms of AJ, Parker isn't any levels above the guys he is already fighting, it's just sad that Martin had a belt when they fought.

Comment

You think this one is bad? No one has seen the next corpse Bumsquad will re-animate to fight next.

Comment

Originally posted by stellen View Post
                  You think this one is bad? No one has seen the next corpse Bumsquad will re-animate to fight next.
                  This is a stay busy fight, we all know that.

The Bronze Bomber has called out Tyson Fury, Wladimir Klitschko, and Anthony Joshua. They better be at 100% when they accept. That right hand is no joke.

Comment

Wilder needs to make it look like he's beating up an obese bus driver in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                      This is a stay busy fight, we all know that.

The Bronze Bomber has called out Tyson Fury, Wladimir Klitschko, and Anthony Joshua. They better be at 100% when they accept. That right hand is no joke.
                      Wilder may talk, but he'll NEVER fight Joshua.

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      I wonder if Tunney would have made this thread if Wladimir fought Arreola...

Just kidding. We all know he wouldn't.
                      Wladimir would NEVER fight the current shot version of Arreola - he wouldn't sink that low.

Comment

Working...
                      X