Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 year relationship is over.....advice....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationships end the same way the majority of the time. One person is fine, and one person is devastated. You didn't break up with her, if you had you wouldn't be the one hurt. If you're lying to the people who legitimately have no interest in what happened, maybe you just need to be introspective for a few days. Don't go out and get wasted, just go about your routine. If you get high, just smoke some bowls and stay up til 3 AM playing video games, wake up and put your head down and go to work. Just exist without her and go about your business for a bit. These things have a way of working themselves out.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Relationships end the same way the majority of the time. One person is fine, and one person is devastated. You didn't break up with her, if you had you wouldn't be the one hurt. If you're lying to the people who legitimately have no interest in what happened, maybe you just need to be introspective for a few days. Don't go out and get wasted, just go about your routine. If you get high, just smoke some bowls and stay up til 3 AM playing video games, wake up and put your head down and go to work. Just exist without her and go about your business for a bit. These things have a way of working themselves out.
      The only way to recover from heartbreak, imo. Life is too short to let someone dictate YOUR happiness. To the OP, do things that make you happy, spend time with the fam/friends, make money, find activities that will better yourself as a person, cultivate your personality, and most of all, realize that women aren't us. They're a different animal completely and you need to enlighten yourself about how they operate in order to move forward to the next.

For what it's worth, never let there be a time where you're not talking to women. From the genius in my sig, "It's like having a company. If you own a business, and your secretary is the best. Like you go, “She knows everything about my company” right? Now, if this lady just ups and gets a better job and fukin leaves, is your company gonna shut down? You gotta keep your company goin, even without this person. The only way to keep your company open, is if you have a Human Resources department open. You gotta always have some other candidates. Some other people waiting to be interviewed. You keep it floating out there. You just don't let them infiltrate your time. But, what you do is, you keep them around, you keep your charm up, you exercise skills. Like, if you don't do sit-ups, your stomach gets fat. If you don't talk to b1tches, you lose the ability to talk to b1tches. That's why you feel stuck, because if she dumps you off, you've been communicating with her on a regular basis for the last four years. So all you know is the little intricacies of your awful **** that you do with her. You gotta go get other intricacies with other women, other skills....”

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        Don't let this time get in the way of your education bruh. Get that degree so you can stunt on future hoes bruh.
        yeah man...am pushing...i just got registered and got my classes ready for next semester at the university.
        Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
        if u do the same routine it'll take longer to get over her, change it up a bit, pick up some interests+hobbies etc, get out of the house appreciate nature for ****s sake chicks move on faster than we do, were born emotional phaggots its just a fact, keep goin forward my friend you'll be fine..
        that is what iam doing. now that am single i do wtf i want and i fckin love it. dont have to put up with bs and keep it G with no drama. fck *****es get money
        Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Living together is one of the biggest tests in a relationship. Your relationship wasn't functional enough to survive living together. Be thankful you guys figured that out early before marriage and kids came along. I wouldn't be too upset about the things you sacrificed while she completed school. That's how life is. Not all good deeds are repayed, but you shouldn't regret doing them because there was no payout for them. Studies have shown relationships are treated by our brains like addiction. So, getting over her will be hard but you'll obviously get through it. Hopefully you can take some personal growth away from it and it will help you focus on what you want in life. Don't regret anything. You guys had a good run. Not everyone we date will be forever. Good luck man.
        thanks for the advice brotha...it is her loss cause iam a hard worker. i work PT at ups (graveyard shift) and go to school FT. btches love that...

am fckin some ho4 atm and shes a lil freak....cant complain...ill reply 2 the rest in a bit...
        Last edited by supRa; 11-14-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

It happened to me but I'm a relentless psychopath so I stalked her and told her dumping me is not allowed and we ended up engaged

I'm actually being serious

Comment

Hey bro youre now 25 in the prime of your life! Take advantage of it and go all out! You'll be fine bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
              It happened to me but I'm a relentless psychopath so I stalked her and told her dumping me is not allowed and we ended up engaged

I'm actually being serious
              Good shit bro. Your a grinder. Very nice.

Comment

I broke up with girlfriend of 2 years last night

we had been on and off recently, and have had many hard times.

She had anxiety and other problems but over the two years instead of getting better she just got more and more self absorbed.

Line in the sand was dad falling ill and her honestly just not giving a ****. it's a shame to see her turn into such a ****ty person, although as i say she always had a dark side.

ending last night was messy as hell, and this last 2 years has been a ****ing nightmare for me tbh, i'm done with women for the time being, gonna take me some time to come out of this mind****.

Comment

Breaking up with someone you've been with for a long time is hard but it does get easier with time. I broke with my last girlfriend about a year ago, we'd lived together for 3 years. I honestly believed that I would never get over her. It didn't matter what other people said I was convinced our relationship was different. A year on and even though I do sometimes think of her (listen to Bob Dylan it's alright ma) I'm 100% over it. The intense emotions that you have for her will start to drift away and you'll be able to look at the relationship objectively and hopefully see that it was the right thing to have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
                    I broke up with girlfriend of 2 years last night

we had been on and off recently, and have had many hard times.

She had anxiety and other problems but over the two years instead of getting better she just got more and more self absorbed.

Line in the sand was dad falling ill and her honestly just not giving a ****. it's a shame to see her turn into such a ****ty person, although as i say she always had a dark side.

ending last night was messy as hell, and this last 2 years has been a ****ing nightmare for me tbh, i'm done with women for the time being, gonna take me some time to come out of this mind****.
                    i feel you bro....i went through the same ***** with this girl in the beggining. i put up with alot of ***** and i know the toll will changed our personality. Learn from it, this will rationalize things in woman in the future. Like a spider sense type of ***** haha. brooo... enjoy yourself for now you are young and do wtf you want. Sure right about now you might feel miserable and start overthinking things in which can make you go crazy. But just remember the times she was a *****ty person and that will open your eyes and learn to let go. Stay strong homiee....you got this..check back on this thread in the future to see how you are doing. This forum helped me get back in line and think straight.
                    Its fight week so lets get hyped about it . This chick made me fck up on my boxing game...i missed out on alot of fights but i always read up like homework lol. oh well...**** happens for a reason homiee....

EDIT: i want to say that listen to MUSIC. fckin sing along or do what you please video games hobbies whateverrr...keep yourself busy and dont hide, socialize with people that have been through the same situation. however i do understand you just want to be left alone at times which is fine but dont make it habit because it will only make you worse.
                    Last edited by supRa; 11-14-2015, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                      Breaking up with someone you've been with for a long time is hard but it does get easier with time. I broke with my last girlfriend about a year ago, we'd lived together for 3 years. I honestly believed that I would never get over her. It didn't matter what other people said I was convinced our relationship was different. A year on and even though I do sometimes think of her (listen to Bob Dylan it's alright ma) I'm 100% over it. The intense emotions that you have for her will start to drift away and you'll be able to look at the relationship objectively and hopefully see that it was the right thing to have happened.
                      Yes i was so used to her and had a weekly schedule lol. I also didnt think i would leave this girl and by how i look at things today am comfortable with how my life is right now. I just know the day this woman knows that am fckin around she will not like it 1 bit. I know shes talking to some dudes which i could careless, not my problem anymore . I kinda feel like am over her already in a way for some reason. Its been already over a month but the the 1st week i felt miserable haa...but after getting advice from people i realized i was an idiot and that it is not the end of the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X