No announcement yet.

What type of tipper are you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    I've been living in Japan for 2 and a half years.

However, when I went back to Oregon recently, I noticed the cost of eating out was very expensive (just in normal, seemingly cheap places).

Maybe it is just Oregon, but I was surprised. And I'm from there, it wasn't as though I was in an unfamiliar place.

But the economy there has been really bad, so it might just be rich-person pricing. In fact, when I visited my sister in another town (still in Oregon) there was both, really cheap and overly expensive places. So, it's probably just economics.
    The price of food here is spiriling out of control, if you happened to have stepped into a grocery store, you probably owuld have s hit your pants. I just bought a pound of ground beef for tacos for $5, like 1hr ago. 2-3 yrs ago, it would have been $3.

And dont get me started on fresh veggies......Most companies that made veggie juices are out if te veggie juice business.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
      I'm a over tipper ... I worked at restaurants from 16 until I was done with college, I know how hard it is to deal with people so I always hook the Waiters and Bartenders
      My bredren, we gotta take care of our own.

Comment

I am, very glad. Especially as a person who eats out almost every day.

But the system is just different here. I wasn't meaning to have a theoretical discussion on the merits and demerits of tipping here. But if you insist on doing so, you will need to look into the differences between the US and Japan a bit before going any further on this specific point you have just raised.

Thats a good point, a lot less cooking at home and stuff like pantry space in japan. I dis not consider that.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm View Post
          I always tip. ALWAYS. It might not always be the best tip in the world, but I always leave something reasonable.

Went to a steakhouse/sports bar type place with 7 friends last night. Our waitress was pretty bad. She was borderline rude, too. I ordered a draft beer, she brought a bottle. My friend waited 10 minutes for a glass of water. Another guy got his food 15 minutes before the rest of the table. One of the girls' steak was seriously under cooked, when she requested that it be sent back, the waitress copped a little bit of an attitude. When I politely requested a draft beer, because it's what I originally ordered, she kind of smirked, like it was a big deal to have to go and get it. I mean, it was just an all around bad experience.

I STILL left a tip. No one else at the table did, but I still left one. I don't know why. I guess I just feel like, it might not have been her best performance, but she still shouldn't have to do it for free, lol.

I would have left a tip too, but maybe 10-15% and i would never step foot in that place again except under extreme extenuating circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            Down here, black people tip well, pretty much 20%ers. Its the jamaicans and haitians that are a crapshoot for blacks.

Thats an old stereotype. Foreigners are the real problem. Some southerners and midwesterns suck too. Them fools still live in the 10% days.
            Damn. 10% Haha. I used to see my people making ghetto lemonade and the sugar packets everywhere and lemons also. Look on the table? No tip. I've never been a server. I was a busser.

Comment

• We're on the same page, Walt.

Simple mis cue.

And I always make sure to drink plenty before I log on to boxingscene.

I'm all about the workers. Like I said, I'd never not tip in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                My bredren, we gotta take care of our own.
                hell yeah we do .... I miss working at restaurants ... everyday was crazy, the co-workers are a trip ..... aghhhhh good times

but really I never try and find out percentage of checks ... I just tip good .. and next time I go the Bartender/waiter ... hooks me back up with a couple cocktails but that's not why I tip, work is hard and the Days are very long ... Tip your waiters Gentlemen

Comment

We're on the same page, Walt.

Simple mis cue.

And I always make sure to drink plenty before I log on to boxingscene.

I'm all about the workers. Like I said, I'd never not tip in the US.
                  Theres a big difference bet going out to eat becuz you need to eat and going out to eat to have an experience and the was some miscommunication. Surprisingly enough, i too, am drinking right now. Its been storming all day in sofla.

Im all for thw workers too, if i ever made more than $400 on a shift, i would alwayys but the lines guys and dishwashers a case of brews That night. Every restaurant i used to work in, thise guys know me. Plus it helped me get morsels of food when i was working dubs with no break and starving my ass offz

Comment

• i tip strippers $5 instead of singles and i barely make minimum wage. so you can say i'm a good tipper.

i don't tip barbers (i'm bald) or waiters (i'm fat and order a lot of food, but **** em, lol).

i'll tip waitresses if they have a nice ass and/or big jugs though.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
                      hell yeah we do .... I miss working at restaurants ... everyday was crazy, the co-workers are a trip ..... aghhhhh good times

but really I never try and find out percentage of checks ... I just tip good .. and next time I go the Bartender/waiter ... hooks me back up with a couple cocktails but that's not why I tip, work is hard and the Days are very long ... Tip your waiters Gentlemen
                      E
                      Do is move the decimal place and double it. For example, if your bill is 73.50, moved it to 7.3 and double it to 14.60, if u want to be a normal tipper. Me, if the service is excellent (which is what i expect), i drop a bill on anything over $70 and under 85-90. If its average to good, you get the 20%.

I got a $900 tip once on a $175 lunch.

Rest biz is sooo fun dude, you know everyone else in the biz and there's plenty of girls around. Everyone is always yelling at each other and you hustle all night. You keep movin so its good for you too. Its like real life, you develop customers that come see you and sit with you and you make good dough (lots of cash too). Nothing wrong with it at all and that job is constantly being disrespected.

Comment

Working...
                      X