Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone sell me on Golovkin? What's the hype about?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why people are talking high like this about GGG and Matthysse !!
    I am ok to ba a fan of both one day , but till the moment I can't see anything special indeed !!
    for boxers like Rigondeaux , I felt how much he is special from the first look

40-year-old Martinez still beats GGG , and at least 5 boxers in the devision of Matthyse beat him too .
    He already has 2 L in his record , one of them is a REAL LOSS to Alexander , Maidana beats him , Khan beats him , even the poor Garcia may have a chance

and if we talks about division up and down to Matthysse , the number may reach 10-15
    how can a boxer with all this hype get fantasy 10-15 L !!
    Last edited by mezoomozaa; 06-25-2013, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Start with the entire MW division ducking him, including that ***** Kid Chocolate

Comment

This should convince you.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
          I've seen him fight and he seems decent, but why am I not buying into the hype? He had a good amateur background, but what makes GGG special? The man is what 31 and being groomed like an up and comer at that age? He's beating guys that are C class fighters like Rosado and Ishida and his biggest win is against a European fighter named Proksa. He's beaten fighters in Japan and Europe, but I don't understand why people treat him as if he is P4P already? Kid Chocolate has a better resume than Golovkin. He would seem impressive with the class of fighters he's beaten if he were in his early 20's, but he's in his 30's. Even if Golovkin beats Macklin that still doesn't put him over Kid Chocolate.

Kid Chocolate's last five fights:
          Fernando Guerrero 25-1-0
          Hassan N'Dam 27-0-0
          Winky Wright 51-5-1
          Craig McEwan 19-1-0
          Jason LeHoullier 21-5-1

Golovkin's last five fights:
          Nobuhiro Ishida 24-8-2
          Gabriel Rosado 21-5-0
          Grzegorz Proksa 28-1-0
          Makoto Fuchigami 19-6-0
          Lajuan Simon 23-3-2
          I was right there with you until you tried to make it look like Quillin has fought better competition than GGG. Both of their resumes are lacking imo. Beating B level opponents in the US isn't any better than beating B level opponents is Europe, and an ancient Winky Wright is hardly a great win. Btw, Proksa beat Sebastian Sylvester in pretty impressive fashion, and is as good as anyone on Quillin's resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
            Ummmm he beat up a chinese guy a little bit ago. He seems pretty cool too and talks funny.

Too bad Quillin would KO him
            Golovkin already worked Quillin in sparring (as well as a bunch of other fighters).

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
            He's never really been in with a tested puncher yet. Proksa fought who?
            Watch next weekend. This is a step up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

This should convince you.

Oh my yeah, a highly inexperienced 154lb fringe contender, that is me sold!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Oh my yeah, a highly inexperienced 154lb fringe contender, that is me sold!
                Highly Inexperienced? Hmm ..

If you cannot see his entertainment value from this fight, then that's on you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Golovkin already worked Quillin in sparring (as well as a bunch of other fighters).
                  I hear that a lot also, they said the same thing about Andy Lee and we all seen how that turned out

[/QUOTE]Watch next weekend. This is a step up for him.[/QUOTE]

should be a good gauge if he deserves the hype

Comment

It's strange how ducking is seen as such a serious crime on here, yet guys who are ducked then get their records used against them.

Matthysse was being slammed in the lead up to the Peterson fight on the basis that he's only beaten Ajose and Soto. Even Rigo was being dismissed by some morons because he hadn't beaten anyone of note in his pro career.

It honestly seems like a lot of people have no ability to assess a fighter beyond what's on his boxrec page.

Comment

Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
                      I hear that a lot also, they said the same thing about Andy Lee and we all seen how that turned out
                      Some of the sparring is on youtube, but yeah he has to prove it in the ring against Macklin.

Comment

Working...
                      X