I laugh whenever someone rates Ruben Olivares above Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    i've only seen about 3 Olivares fights and that was well over 5 years ago

but if it pisses off certain cat-loving weirdos then yea, he's better than the vertically challenged piss drinker
    Olivares purely dominated the bantamweight division in his day. JMM hasn't even come close to dominate a division like El Puas did. With wins over Rafael Herrera, Lionel Rose, 'Chucho' Castillo

At one point and time Olivares was like 52-0 with 50ko's. No lie....

Went up to FW KO'd a prime HOF'er in Bobby Chacon,

then went up to SFW, past his prime, really beyond his best weight-class and KO'd a prime Jose Luis Ramirez in just 2 rounds. Faster than what JCC did and not even Arguello could KO him at 130 at Arguello weight-class.

Also has some solid wins over the likes of Rudkin, Bulinni(Sp), Pimentel, Stevens, Hafey. Sakurai, Torres, Medel, and others.

One of the most exciting fighters ever to come out of Mexico. P4P one of the hardest if not thee hardest punchers ever to come out of Mexico.

JMM is a HOF'er no doubt. But, Olivares is a top 3 ATG to come out of Mexico and JMM doesn't reach that. He needs to accomplish more.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
      The list goes like this:

1)JMM and Lopez (a virtual tie)
      2)Sanchez

And the rest is debatable.

Some lightweight boxing experts are impressed with JCC beating up on 79 Mexican cabbies and quitting against Oscar 2x and Tzyu, but I'm not.
      i don't usually do this but red K given.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        You can take small sections out of Grebs resume that crap on Marquez resume. Your post doesn't even make sense you say Greb shouldn't be rated but you rate JMM higher?
        Nobody has ever seen him fight. His quality is pure speculation. With JMM we have something to work with.

A masterpiece of a career.

Comment

The list goes like this:

1)JMM and Lopez (a virtual tie)
          2)Sanchez

And the rest is debatable.

Some lightweight boxing experts are impressed with JCC beating up on 79 Mexican cabbies and quitting against Oscar 2x and Tzyu, but I'm not.
          The list goes like this
          1-Morales
          2-Barrerera
          3-Hamed
          4-Marqpiss

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Olivares purely dominated the bantamweight division in his day. JMM hasn't even come close to dominate a division like El Puas did. With wins over Rafael Herrera, Lionel Rose, 'Chucho' Castillo

At one point and time Olivares was like 52-0 with 50ko's. No lie....

Went up to FW KO'd a prime HOF'er in Bobby Chacon,

then went up to SFW, past his prime, really beyond his best weight-class and KO'd a prime Jose Luis Ramirez in just 2 rounds. Faster than what JCC did and not even Arguello could KO him at 130 at Arguello weight-class.

Also has some solid wins over the likes of Rudkin, Bulinni(Sp), Pimentel, Stevens, Hafey. Sakurai, Torres, Medel, and others.

One of the most exciting fighters ever to come out of Mexico. P4P one of the hardest if not thee hardest punchers ever to come out of Mexico.

JMM is a HOF'er no doubt. But, Olivares is a top 3 ATG to come out of Mexico and JMM doesn't reach that. He needs to accomplish more.

i trained with Lil Poison about 5 years ago...he was the one that showed me the tapes...Jesse's a real cool cat

Comment

Originally posted by FINITO View Post
              SO even if Marquez beat Pac 2x officially, u sayin that he wouldnt be considered as the greatest Mexican fighter of all times?? lolz U mus have smoked a fat blunt laced with them PED.... lolz
              No, I wouldn't put him ahead of JCC or Chava.

In the top 5? Sure, but no ahead of those 2.

You selling the rich history of Mexican fighters short bro. A lot of great fighters to come out of that country. There still Saldivar and Canto, You got Kid Azteca. And, just for JMM to be ranked ahead of those guys would be impressive. But, he wouldn't be ahead of JCC or Chava. And, right now he is not ahead of Olivares, Canto, Azteca, Saldivar. I don't even think he ranks ahead of Morales or Barrera right now.

Where would you rank Carlos Zarate?

And, lets not forget Ricardo "Finito" Lopez who JMM is a poor man version of. No disrespect to JMM but anything JMM can do 'Finito' could do it better.

Just such a great history.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                The list goes like this
                1-Morales
                2-Barrerera
                3-Hamed
                4-Marqpiss

Trolling faggot. Go learn boxing history from Jrosales, he offers courses at his Guatemalan boxing academy for 3 pesos and an empanada.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i trained with Lil Poison about 5 years ago...he was the one that showed me the tapes...Jesse's a real cool cat
                  Nice, must have been a cool experience.

Comment

Nobody has ever seen him fight. His quality is pure speculation. With JMM we have something to work with.

A masterpiece of a career.
                    He cannot be ranked H2H but he can be ranked for his wins if you do the research and for the record people have seen him and there might even be footage out there of him. JMM is a great but a bottom tier ATG, he doesn't get to be greater than he is just because you really like him. Greb convincingly beat legitimate ATGs that we can see film of, he also beat a huge amount of great fighters, Greb is quite clearly several ballparks away from JMM.

Comment

JMM couldn't even muster to challenge Chris John for a rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X